i need to stay out of the feed store

haleyluna

Songster
12 Years
May 3, 2007
oklahoma city
oh, and the feed store and a handful of pharaoh quail. so after i bought the two white cochin banties, i ended up going back.

IMG_9588.jpg

x4

Last edited:
oh man, I hear that. Within 15-20 miles of me are at least 5 feedstores, that I know of. Thats why I ended up with a small flock of chickens, at the GF's reguest. But each store has their " fowl of the week", wether its guinnies or quails or peacocks, one store even had a few baby ostrich and emus(common here in Chicken Country. I went for the pheasant, verrry tasty and not so cute growing up.
Feed stores know we cant resist

Yep, our feed store had the most adorable polish chicks and before I even knew what I was doing, there I was in the chekcout line with 6 of them. Now I've got them separated because my larger group of chickens won't allow them into the flock. Oh well, they're still beautiful, and I probably would (and will) do it again!

Im gonna run back down to my usual FS for a coupla things right now then get started building a coop for myself. I hope I dont have to make it any bigger! you can see one I built in the coop area. Exactly how much sq footage does an ostrich need?
roll.png

I have learned that I have to take limited money with me to pick up chicks at our local feed store or I go to pick 5 up and end up with 10. Heck last time I went to chicks I ended up with 4 ducklings too
hmm.png
Just can resist the little ones
big_smile.png

I was in the Agway today and they had bantams, GFs and TONS of assorted hennies (and a stray rooster that got sent by mistake). I went in to replace my chick feeder and had to remind myself that I already have 9 hens and the coop due to arrive next week is only set to house 8.
roll.png

Very addictive little "hobby" raising chicks!

Back
Top Bottom