I need unbias picture opinions, please help me!

How about the mouth pigment on the roof of her mouth. sometimes that doesnt change and if its the same shape, it might be her.

I hope it is Cheyenne and good luck!

Me to, but I think we have to wait until Wednesday to find out from one of the posts I read.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Yeah, we'll see on Wednesday. I actually have a question for you dog pros...

Can dog aggression develop over the course of a few years? I called the shelter and left a message on Sunday morning saying we'd be out on Wednesday and no one called me back. So, I called again this morning and spoke to the receptionist. She actually gave me information I needed and haven't been able to obtain (like adoption fees, etc) She said the dog was picked up locally as a stray in very poor condition, she said she's not dog friendly at all but they have to keep her with other dogs because of limited space issues. 'She'll beat the crap out of the larger dogs in there with her.' exact words. So, Cheyenne actually LOVED other dogs. Her best friend was my inlaws Chow/Shepherd mix and we used to take them down to the beach to run off some steam at night. It was her favorite time of day. My question again, can a dog that loved dogs develop into a dog that doesn't like dogs?
I'm still going out to see if it's her. Yeah, I don't want Zoey to be harmed, but we want Cheyenne back. Will obedience training or behavioral training correct that issue? Because I have NO problem whatsoever signing them both up for training.
Ideas or suggestions are welcome.

If she's been a stray on her own for awhile she could very easily become aggressive with other dogs....survival of the fittest you know. Plus what ever other situations she's been in could have changed her feeling about other dogs.

The looking in her mouth at the roof of her mouth for those markings is a very good idea. Those shouldn't have changed.

Quote:
yes, dog aggression can and sometimes does devlop over years as a dog ages. yes to your other question training will help...if she was friendly to other dogs and no w isnt my guess would be her previous owners had a hand in her being dog aggressive now,also her being a stray probably played in it too...as she more than likely had to fight for her food.
good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh-I hope it is her. I think she could have matured and changed color a bit, andthe photos look almost identical to me. Yes a dog can change a lot if it's in a bad situation-for sure. It may take some specified training, but it would be worth it. Ask BYC member dog-trainer-jamie. I think she works with "problem" dogs. She is in chat most afternoons/evenings. Good luck!

Hunger or being attacked by another dog or pack of dogs can cause aggression. Please be careful about what you're taking on if it's not her.

A dog in poor condition in a shelter is not going to act like the same dog healthy in a home. Think about you kids. When they are sick, tired, hungry, stressed, how do they behave? Not like they are healthy, full, and rested.
wink.png
Not to say every shelter dog will be perfect in a home, just that that's not their true personality.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom