I need your help

Pics
I promise that I don’t mean this in a harsh way, but in the future, it’s probably best to do your research and assemble all your needed materials before bringing a living thing into your care. I’m not sure the circumstances of your acquiring this chick—maybe it was an Easter present, maybe it was out of your control? But I promise that raising chicks is a more pleasant and rewarding experience when you’re prepared for it (and, I would argue, is an ethical responsibility as well).
your correct and no I did not get him for Easter I had a chicken before in California and it grew up to be big but since we lived in a apartment it would sing a lot in the morning and our neighborhood would get mad,so unfortunately we had to give it to my uncle and my chicken is doing well it has a girl chicken laying eggs,I know what supply’s it needed just that the chicken that we got was still a very baby and it wasn’t a week old yet.my parent raised chicken as well so they knew what it needed and since in Cali it was hot my chicken is currently alive and healthy,we moved to Washington and got a new chicken to name it after the one we gave away but over here it cold and since we thought summer was coming it would be hot but we were wrong.

I promise that I don’t mean this in a harsh way, but in the future, it’s probably best to do your research and assemble all your needed materials before bringing a living thing into your care. I’m not sure the circumstances of your acquiring this chick—maybe it was an Easter present, maybe it was out of your control? But I promise that raising chicks is a more pleasant and rewarding experience when you’re prepared for it (and, I would argue, is an ethical responsibility as well).
:goodpost:

OP, in the future, if you want to raise chicks again, please make sure you have a proper brooder, heater, thermometer, etc. before getting the chicks. Chicks will also fare much better if raised with other chicks, not alone.

Best wishes to you and your chick.

your correct and no I did not get him for Easter I had a chicken before in California and it grew up to be big but since we lived in a apartment it would sing a lot in the morning and our neighborhood would get mad,so unfortunately we had to give it to my uncle and my chicken is doing well it has a girl chicken laying eggs,I know what supply’s it needed just that the chicken that we got was still a very baby and it wasn’t a week old yet.my parent raised chicken as well so they knew what it needed and since in Cali it was hot my chicken is currently alive and healthy,we moved to Washington and got a new chicken to name it after the one we gave away but over here it cold and since we thought summer was coming it would be hot but we were wrong.
well that is something to prepare for in the future now. Is the chick still breathing?

I need help I fed it with a dropper and it just keep shaking it head and opening its mouth what do I do??? Please help
May be to late.. Dogs, have had that problem. Tried saving a sparrow the cat dragged in the living room.. Heard, chip, chirp.. Tried saving but Fido got to it first. Tried to get her to drop it. She just closed her mouth tighter.. The End! You could try pushing it deeper.. had a pup with Parvo, tried force feeding him water.. It just came back out.. That is life.. Sorry

May be to late.. Dogs, have had that problem. Tried saving a sparrow the cat dragged in the living room.. Heard, chip, chirp.. Tried saving but Fido got to it first. Tried to get her to drop it. She just closed her mouth tighter.. The End! You could try pushing it deeper.. had a pup with Parvo, tried force feeding him water.. It just came back out.. That is life.. Sorry
such is life, once again be more prepared to welcome a life next time...

Back
Top Bottom