I need your help!

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
ok so I am giving this guy all my roosters in 3 days.

He asked me if I am willing to take care of the day olds he is buying. he is going to pay for them and there food. he is giving me $200 a month. I almost choked. Think I should take this offer after the checking account incident. you guys said I needed a cushion right?

forgot to add. I am taking care of them for 16 weeks. he picks them up and I get the day olds again. This is how the cycle is going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would only do pay in cash up front one month in advance. If he misses a month, the chickens are yours.

a) do you have facilities for 100 14-week-old chickens? If not, how much is it gonna cost to build them. (I am assuming there are no zoning problems)

b) have you figured out how much their feed would cost, i.e. what your *actual* pay would be after expenses.

c) what happens when some of them peck at each other, or become disabled or diseased or dead? Deducted from your pay? You need to agree on how many can be 'loss' (mortality or just unacceptible health) without any penalty, and what if any penalty there is for loss beyond that level.

d) if you do not have a written contract that spells these things out, things *may* go okay but there is also a really fairly good chance that one or the other of you is going to get really mad and really scr*wed. This sounds like a business arrangement to me - get a businesslike contract, even if it's just ten lines printed out on your computer.

Otherwise, if you pencil out the facilities and costs issues and decide it's worth it, and can get something down on paper for both of you to sign, I'd say go for it.

Good luck,

Pat

you need to define "sick" in your contract
wink.png

Pat

I have a old coop I can add on. I will write down a contract. I will calculate the feed cost. I will definatly define sick. I will also re setup the quarenteen area. the peckers will go in a seperate area

Back
Top Bottom