I need your prayers

So Pleased your little dog is improving.

She looks an absolute darling. I am sure they will find some answers for you.

I can not imagine if this was happening to my big softie Collie.

Thinking of you and her,

Jena.

Quote:
Yes that is her
smile.png
Here is a bigger picture. I wish avatars were bigger, they are so hard to see.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/rebecca10782/mekissinggnocchiresized.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/rebecca10782/Animals/IMG_0170.jpg

Oh my goodness, she is adorable. A toy poodle? My cousin had a black one named JJ who always had medical problems. He could only eat a certain kind of food (forget what it ws now) and had seizures. He was fragile and I honestly didn't think he would live past the age of 10. Well, he lived to be 18! I hope your little girls lives to be 20... at least.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She's home!
wee.gif
She is drowsy but back to normal pretty much. She sitting on my lap right now
smile.png
She is on medications, and hopefully because she improved so quickly, that means that it is an infection and not a tumor.

Yay! I'm glad to hear that she is doing better!
celebrate.gif

Just because i'm a nerd: Normal temp for a dog is between 100.5 to 102.5
If they get excited it can go to 103.

Sorry I know .... nerd.

Give her a big hug and kiss from all of us!

Quote:
Thank you, yes she is a toy poodle. We have a golden retriever that has bad epilepsy. Poor guy, it is so hard to see him go through all that because after a seizure, he doesn't recognize anyone and wanders around confused. He has grand mall seizures, so he will hit his head on the floor if we are not careful and he cries and yelps the whole time. He will go months to a year without seizures and then one day it hits him. The most he had in one block was 20 seizures in 48 hours. We thought he was going to die. That is the reason I thought I was going crazy when I noticed Gnocchi acting weird, because she was acting just like Bailey does when the seizures hit him. A week ago they started coming again and he is on new meds and acting really goofy and out of it. He even killed one of our hens the other day! I noticed him looking at the birds like he wanted to chase them and I thought he would never do anything, he is the sweetest most gentle dog. Then my mom comes over and tells me he grabed Emilia and pounced on her. I don't know if he was trying to eat her or if he just thought she was a squeak toy. Who knows what these drugs make him think or see. These poor little creatures, I wish that we could tell them why this is happening and that everything we are doing to them is helping them
sad.png
Bailey is very calm though, we he gets poked and prodded, he could not care less. Gnocchi on the other hand is terrified of anyone but me or my parents, due to the abuse she endured early in her life. It is so hard to see her little eye balls look at me as the vet takes her back
barnie.gif

I hope she lives to 20 too! We had a cat that lived up to a month of her 22nd birthday.

Quote:
lol.png
Oh, I thought I heard the vet say 105 but I was so delirious from no sleep, she could have said anything
idunno.gif

It is irrelevant anyway at least she is home and safe.
big_smile.png

Usually at 105 is when cooling off measures begin we had a lab in the other day at 106 and wouldn't drop so I had the pleasure of giving luke warm enema flushes to cool him down.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom