I need your prayers

rebecca10782

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Last night I noticed that my dog was acting a little limp and seemed to have something wrong neurologically. She was fine this morning, so I thought I was being hyper observant. Today she was running around and happy, then when we got home tonight she started falling and running into things. So I rushed her to the emergency vet. By the time the doctor she came in, she couldn't even walk. They tested her and found that her heart and liver are enlarged, there is something odd looking in her gall bladder, and her stomach is getting bigger and bigger. When I said goodbye to her, I was holding her in my arms and she was wining in pain and could'nt even hold hear head up. They have no idea what is wrong and I have to wait until Monday for the tests to come back.
She is my Service Dog, she is at my side 24/7, you have no idea how bonded we are to eachother. She is only 4 years old, I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I have been praying all night and have to talk to someone before I break down in tears. Please keep her in your prayers.

I am so sorry!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I will keep you both in my prayers. It is so hard to loose such a close friend and companion. I really hope they can get the swelling down and find out even a little something that might be going on. I'm sorry
fl.gif

That is just awful! I am sooo sorry
hugs.gif
I will keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your baby improves quickly and that she is back home with you in no time flat!

Thank you everyone, I am not a mother but my relationship with her is pretty close. When I see her suffering, my heart aches. I would do anything to switch places with her. I adopted her, she had been starved and abused and since day1 she never willingly leaves my side. When I leave her with my mom for 10 minutes, she cries the whole time. I can't even imagine how scared she is right now.

I hope they can figure out what went wrong. What you have described doesn't sound good.

Hang in there. It's always hard when a loved one is sick or hurt.

Dear Father, i ask for comfort and peace. Give the doctors wisdom and discernment. Keep Rebecca in Your shadow and under Your mighty wings during this time. Thank You, Lord, for our family members known as pets. In Your name, Amen!

have a blessed day! i will pray that you get through this hardship with joy.

Rebecca, I know how close you can be to a dog, or even a rooster like my sweet Zane. It's never easy to lose one, even if you are preventing further pain and suffering. Hope they have an answer for you Monday. Hugs to you.

Last edited:
Oh Rebecca! I am so sad for what you are going through. The realtionship between a person and their service dog is a much deeper bond than most of us know. I pray everything turns out well.... I also prayed that if you do lose her, that you are blessed with an animal that makes you love that one just as much if not more.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom