I need your wisdom about finding a wedding dress!

OccamsTazer

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Halp! I'm drowning in a sea of ookie white dresses that look like birthday cakes.

We're getting married in late June, and I have to find something. It's going to be something casual and beachy, with a fun crawfish boil afterwards. I am not a traditional kind of person, and I do not want to wear the traditional white.

I CANNOT find anything else! I don't even really know where to look for dresses, it's been ages since I've worn anything but jeans and chicken poop shoes.

I have in my mind something flowy, kind of Grecian looking, in palest green.
I adore the look of this dress, except it's white, and the middle and open back are beyond skanktastic. Could I have it dyed, and have a seamstress make the middle not transparent?
http://www.unique-vintage.com/flawless-open-back-white-wedding-gown-p-6871.html

I'm loving this one, too, but again with the white.
http://www.kaersen.com/shopexd.asp?id=1629

Ideas, suggestions, talk me down from a ledge?
lol.png

You might be able to have a seamstress line the first one so it doesn't have the gap....However, I think it looks nice the way it is...I think it depends on the material if it can be dyed or not.

Personally, I would find a local seamstress. That's the route I'm going eventually (when he asks!).

Find seamstresses that make prom dresses, tell them you are on a budget and looking for fabric that isn't ridiculous in price. Honestly, they WILL work with you. Find one that has elderly ladies that will really care about YOU and how YOU feel in your dress.

I'm lucky that I have two of them that I go to for every dress I've needed. Prom, weddings, etc.

Well, I'm a bad one to reply to this BUT....

my daughter has been searching for the perfect prom dress and has come across some really nice ones that look like wedding dresses to me.

Just a thought that you might want to search WHITE PROM dresses and see what you find...
idunno.gif

Ooops...I see you don't want white - then just prom dresses maybe.....

Last edited:
Ok, I have had the same dillema in the past and I found what I wanted at JC Penney's website. I will hunt around for more sites I found things I liked. Have you looked at David's Bridal online yet? They have a really nice light green and some of the dresses are really nice.

Back
Top Bottom