i officially hate fourth of july

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by stumble_n_mumble, Jul 4, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Can not wait for it to be over all my animals are freaked out. Chickens and ducks on the verge of heart attacks. This is awful please stop the fire works ughhhhhhh!!!!

2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    We had no trouble with the fireworks. Drove about 3 miles and watched my fatherinlaw shoot them off. Although, his hens will probally not lay again for a week!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We are getting ready to head down to my office. Sometimes they do fireworks at the Phoenix Country Club across the street.

sorry your animals are upset.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Awe, poor chickies & Duckies! [​IMG]
    I don't much like it either. We didn't even do anything for the the 4th of July. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  5. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    My shepherd took a flying leap and almost rolled me right off the bed. I'm so surprised he didn't break one of my ribs. I've never seen a dog with such terror in its eyes. He followed me everywhere. I went to take a shower and turned to close the door not even thinking about it and his head busted it open before it clicked shut. Thank god he didn't try to jump in the shower with me [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We are waiting to see if the horses freak out or not. The birds and the dog were fine last year.

7. Ladybirds9

Ladybirds9 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2010
    My chickens don't really care... but my dog is about to die

8. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Lol I respect what it stands for but when you have your chicken and ducks screaming and freaked. A loppy eared rabbit not knowing which one to run and my pug is barfing because she's so worked up. Ugh is it necessary to have every other house shooting off fireworks!!!! Lol fireworks aren't even that pretty or exciting [​IMG]

9. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    My birds didn't seem bothered at all but the puppy was cowering and the big dog wanted to get at that noise, LOL

10. Hi! My Border Collie that turns into a basket case when it thunders here is unaffected by the fireworks again this year.
    We're on a hilltop, but have such heavy tree cover that I have to sit on the roof to get a peek of the fireworks displays.
    I can sit on the roof and look *toward town* and see a great display. I could live without the noise.
    All the birds are tucked in their coops and paying the boomboom noise no mind (can't do anything about it, everyone is calm and quiet, but the ducks).
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by