I ordered 200 chicks- It's Promiselandfarm & Perfectly_polish's fault

lau.gif
One thing I have learned in my short time on this list is you all are a bad influence! I wasn't worried about hatching chicks till my cochins were bigger. Now I'm obsessed and am about to order an incubator! I can't wait for the cochins to grow.... so they can lay! Not sit! Haha

You almost had me ordering, but Dh reminded me, we have nowhere to put 200 chicks, much less place for them to grow to freezer size! Dang!
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for good deals like that in the future!

PC,
Wow, you really drank the kool aid now!
ep.gif

Are you planning to do all the processing yourself?

Positive side - you'll never have to buy another chicken between all the ones you raise and the fact that you'll really tire of the meat.

Hang in their - they could have had a turkey sale.
gig.gif

barnie.gif
someone stop me...

If anyone local wants to go in on this, I've got room for the meaties. Just need to build temp shelter. I'm asking DH in the morning, I hope the deal is still there. I just bought a deep freezer, I'd love to stuff it.
lol.png

PC your the best!
hugs.gif
So now we just have to figure out how we're going to split the birds up. Once the other meaties are gone we can probably put 50+ in that pen, plus we can build another pen if need be. You can just throw them in our brooder, no one will even notice
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom