I ordered 200 chicks- It's Promiselandfarm & Perfectly_polish's fault

hey PC, I got my confirmation e-mail about my order and they said it'll be going out 9/24......maybe because you cancelled?
Either way I'm glad it's a little later, it gives us time to build a run. And it gives us time to get thru this nasty storm Gustav...
My order of Golden Campines and GLW were supposed to come next Wed or do, but I pushed it back a week because of the storm, don't know if mail will be able to get in........
Did I mention how much I love (read-HATE) living in South Louisiana?

PP do some math:

640 pounds of meat maker 26% broiler was $148
400 pounds of layer 17% was $74

I had to load it into Rubbermaid bins. It came from a shoot 10 feet in
the air. What a P I T A it was.

PP if you had made it to the FAIR, the sellers of wood/pellet stoves there sell a 1000lb grain hopper, sposed to be used for corn stoves, but it would work for feed to.

Edited to add- I guess you would still have to load it into PU to get it home, I looked into having 1000lbs delivered, but never got around to doing the CornishXs

Last edited:
Quote:
yeah, thank you!
hugs.gif

Quote:
You got it already? Great! So the broiler feed was about $10 per 50 pounds and the layer was about $5 per 50 pounds. That's a great deal! Much cheaper then our feed stores.

Buy 50 or more for $0.62 each
Buy 100 or more for $0.52 each

If you had ordered another 50 you could have saved 10 cents a piece.

AND if you had ordered from meyer way back when, you would be whizbangging these chickens now.
old.gif

I might struggle a bit with having males that match my first babies: delawares, buff orps and bl jerseys. Hopefully we'll get others.

where is this feed place? we need to factor in gas too. i wanna call salem and see if they can work with us on a bulk purchase.

Back
Top Bottom