I ordered a mix batch of chicks from tractor of color layers but I think I received something else

My starlight green layers and prairie bluebells looked shockingly similar to the regular striped chicks....except I got one white one.

Their legs are not green. That was the easiest way for me to tell as chicks. As adults the white I got has a red chest, the dark striped is a dark chocolate/black color and my 2 regular chipmunk looking are red with black highlights like a thin new Hampshire hen but a bit darker.

My starlight green layers and prairie bluebells looked shockingly similar to the regular striped chicks....except I got one white one.

Their legs are not green. That was the easiest way for me to tell as chicks. As adults the white I got has a red chest, the dark striped is a dark chocolate/black color and my 2 regular chipmunk looking are red with black highlights like a thin new Hampshire hen but a bit darker.
Thank you didn't check legs on them but the second batch have a lot of cream and drown sugar colors maybe they will grow Inot a nice looking verity of hens...
I stayed away from getting the all Americanas so didnt end up with all the same looking hens so I was shocked when the first batch of chicks looked all the same and I not think I got one dark layer becouse there chicks are all back and white mixed witch I got zero of.. But I'll live I guess lol ty again for the leg idea

Thank you didn't check legs on them but the second batch have a lot of cream and drown sugar colors maybe they will grow Inot a nice looking verity of hens...
I stayed away from getting the all Americanas so didnt end up with all the same looking hens so I was shocked when the first batch of chicks looked all the same and I not think I got one dark layer becouse there chicks are all back and white mixed witch I got zero of.. But I'll live I guess lol ty again for the leg idea

Welsummers are chipmunked like many of your chicks and lay a darker egg too.

I really hope you got several breeds in there.

Back
Top Bottom