I ordered chicks for the first time...

Quote:
yayyyyyyyyyyyy
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
clap.gif
big_smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

They are all alive!! I didn't get any packing peanuts, but I did get a surprise Sultan in the crested special. They told me the polish were the only crested birds laying this time of year. I'm uploading some pictures of them.

YAY! congratulations Andora! Sorry about your morning sickness, but congrats for that baby too!
wink.png

ETA just saw your sig: Congrats on TWINS?!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I hope it's not twins!
lol.png

Here are some pictures:

424973541_inF76-M.jpg

424976667_coq4i-M.jpg

424977545_gxZHM-M.jpg

424976081_nDpHi-M.jpg

424977093_DEUFp-M.jpg

424974389_JkXEq-M.jpg

424973973_LFGmQ-M.jpg

424975500_4Phur-M.jpg

I have 14 total--6 pullet EE's, 5 crested special st. run, and 3 buff orp pullets.

Wildflowers, did your chicks come today? Hope so!!

Yay!! I hope they are all well. My post office was keeping them warm for me, the box was toasty when I picked them up and they were peeping so loud I could hear them as soon as I walked in the door. On the way out everyone I passed wanted to see them.

AWWWW! I think yours are cuter than mine
wink.png

Ah, congrats on babies all around...sorry I misread the sig....thought the another meant that you found out there were already two.
wink.png

Yay! Wildflowers! fingers crossed!
Glad people are getting their chicks before the mail break day tomorrow.

Okay so pictures

DSC_0019.jpg

Here you can see the only one that is named so far. Owl is the one standing in the water dish

DSC_0022-2.jpg

Gwen petting one
DSC_0028-1.jpg

Natalie holding one

DSC_0032.jpg

Layla holding one

DSC_0035-1.jpg

Kali sniffing

DSC_0036.jpg

She actually met the chick nose to nose and rubbed him a little. It was very sweet

DSC_0038.jpg

And then she tried to stand guard on them. We were alright when she was with us, but we aren't letting her out there without us.

DSC_0043-1.jpg

We ended up with 17, there were 8 extra chicks, boys for warmth, but one died. It looked like he was trampled in the corner of the box. We ordered 10 pullets. We can't tell which are which, okay pretty sure which ones are the easter eggers. And the rhode island red we can tell apart. We are thinking that the buff ones are males, but aren't sure. How can I tell the breeds apart? Are there any pictures of day old breeds?

I am glad you both got your chicks.
smile.png

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I wish I could go ahead and get mine, but it will be better if I wait for spring. My home tends to be a bit on the chilly side in the winter.

They are all very cute.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom