I punched a mouse =[

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by S n M Poultry, May 12, 2008.

1. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    I was weeding around a tree today when a lil mouse ran out of its hole. It came towards me like it was gonna eat me. I raised my arm and i...i punched a mouse. Who punches mice? i felt kinda bad cuz it was a just lil mouse. when it was running towards me it had a look of anger on its face but it was so cute. When my fist came in contact with the mouse it when sqeak. I feel bad now [​IMG]

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Wow, your tough! I would have jumped. I hope you don't feel too bad, the reality is the thing was attacking you to the best of your knowledge. My dad was digging in his front yard, and a little squirrel came at him. Dad tried to step away, but the thing was bent on attacking, even after Dad hit it with is shovel.

3. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    sounds more like a reflex. i freak out when things jump at me too. yur a good fella who loves animals - i seriously doubt you would "punch a mouse" just to punch one.
    don't be so hard on yourself.
    [​IMG]

4. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    [​IMG] Sorry, but the visual of that is just funny to me.

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Shame on you. Just Kidding! That really is funny! [​IMG] Sorry to find humor in it, but usually people scream and run the opposite direction! I believe you are the first person that I have ever heard of punching a mouse before! [​IMG] Way to be brave and stand your ground. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  6. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Mouse Molester!!!! Ya big meany poop!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The vision in my head is wonderful!!!!

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Maybe it had babies in the hole it was trying to protect. They are REAL cute until they find their way into your house or coop. My husband was weed eatin' around a shed and a copperhead came slithering out, consider yourself lucky that it was only a mouse that you punched!!!! [​IMG]

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Not many. Most would have tried to kill it or run from it.
    What a great visual! Thanks for the laugh!

9. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Yep, don't feel bad, I'm sure the mouse is fine!! They're pretty tough critters.

I'm pretty much equal opportunity when it comes to loving animals, but we've had to wage war on mice in our house. [​IMG] They're taking over. Seriously. We've tried everything. Actually, thank you SnM, I'm gonna go post a topic and ask what everyone's preferred method of getting rid of mice is!! [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I am imagining the story that the mouse is right now telling to her family. I hope they are not plotting revenge on you [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by