I put a swing in the brooder.....they love it!

I would never have thought of that but it's a great idea!
thumbsup.gif

Thats awesome!!! I'm gonna try that! May as well let them have fun while they're little!

What kind of string to use? Is twine ok? And did you just tie it around each end of the stick or drill little holes in it or what? I just tried my new babies on smashed boiled egg and they were not interested. I bought a tray that Walmart sells around here for crawfish but I intended to use it as a big plant pot tray. I put grass and some chick grit in it. They woke up from their nap and it was very clear when they discovered it. They are in chicky heaven right now pecking away. We just got them 5 days ago and I think they are all different ages but I have no idea exactly how old. I'm trying to come up with entertainment for them right now. The dust from the pine shavings is killing my head but I just can't make myself put them outside. I think I'm in love with them.

What kind of string to use? Is twine ok? And did you just tie it around each end of the stick or drill little holes in it or what? I just tried my new babies on smashed boiled egg and they were not interested. I bought a tray that Walmart sells around here for crawfish but I intended to use it as a big plant pot tray. I put grass and some chick grit in it. They woke up from their nap and it was very clear when they discovered it. They are in chicky heaven right now pecking away. We just got them 5 days ago and I think they are all different ages but I have no idea exactly how old. I'm trying to come up with entertainment for them right now. The dust from the pine shavings is killing my head but I just can't make myself put them outside. I think I'm in love with them.
It is just a couple of pieces of baler twine tied to each end of a stick.....they are having a ball with it!

Thank you. I put a couple of stick in with ours and they are just starting to flutter up on them. They sleep like people though. They kick out on their sides and stretch a wing and a leg on the same side and go to sleep. It is really cute.

Back
Top Bottom