I really don't know where to post this question....

I think I'm raising just the roo for you! I've got 1-1/2 week old chicks. There is one cockerel that is very sweet. He comes to the front of the cage whenever I go to the shed to check on them, and he'll hop onto my hand, seems to enjoy being picked up/cuddled. I encourage him, of course! I have at least four boys for sure. My adult roo's are great. I can go into their pen anytime and am not afraid to turn my back on them.

For people who TRUELY need eggs for food, we'll give them away or give away extra meaties that we processed. However, those people, so many of them don't want to take something for nothing. Even if they can only manage a dime for 2 dozen eggs, they want to pay something or do work to make up for it. Heck, when we moved, we gave a couple with 4 little boys 4 hens and a coop/run so they could keep getting eggs and I know those hens are highly productive egg layers who eat very little. Our neighbor who kept other hens drops off food/supplies monthly still. Those people are trying their best to better themselves and their children, so that's who deserves cheap/free healthy food.

If people can afford the eggs and want them free, nope, no how. Right now, I can sell for less than even the grocery store standard "icky" eggs, so you can pay for the eggs from me or you can pay more at the store, but my chickens aren't free, so their eggs aren't either.

Quote:
X2 especially with the price of feed. You can offer them a free dozen for every 3 or 4 they buy
tongue.png

Quote:
X2 especially with the price of feed. You can offer them a free dozen for every 3 or 4 they buy
tongue.png

Because I have kids who LOVE the "confetti", I do actually do a punch card, every 6 dozen, they get a free dozen. My girls have a ton of confetti and I'm not totally wasting paper to get them it. I figure by the time they buy 6 dozen, they're likely to keep buying.

Back
Top Bottom