I really need help with my baby chick I don't why it's doing this

I’m so sorry, I’ve had chicks do this and pass away not soon after. I’m not sure what happened to them. Is the baby still alive?
Right now, yes. But I fear that it's going to die like you said. I really don't know why it happened to only one chick. This one was my smallest chick ( I have 3).

Right now, yes. But I fear that it's going to die like you said. I really don't know why it happened to only one chick. This one was my smallest chick ( I have 3).
I thought that it might be cold, since it was wet when I came back home and saw it do this. Right it's sitting near a heat lamp. But no change.

Oh, it’s heartbreaking to see them like that. Maybe she got water into her lungs somehow. Hopefully someone with more experience than I may comment. Just hope she doesn’t suffer too long. But it sounds like you are taking good care of your chicks. Maybe the heat lamp will help.

Oh, it’s heartbreaking to see them like that. Maybe she got water into her lungs somehow. Hopefully someone with more experience than I may comment. Just hope she doesn’t suffer too long. But it sounds like you are taking good care of your chicks. Maybe the heat lamp will help.
I'm not sure but you might be correct about the lungs. And I sure do hope the heat lamp works.

It's dead now 😟. I just wanted to know the reason so that I can prevent it from happening to my other flock.

I am sorry for for loss.

This chick seems to have inhaled water into the lungs and was straining for air. I think it choked due to the inhaled water.

This can happen during hatch as well when there is still too much albumen left in the eggs.

I am sorry for for loss.

This chick seems to have inhaled water into the lungs and was straining for air. I think it choked due to the inhaled water.

This can happen during hatch as well when there is still too much albumen left in the eggs.
If that's the only explanation, then I guess it's preventable. At least now I have some hope for my other chicks 😅.

Back
Top Bottom