I really need some fast advice on this stuff!

Thanks cowcreekgeek! :D That really means a lot to me!
My humidity is normally about 35 and yes I've been turning them by hand three times a day. When the egg hatches, it's going to be the most spoiled little chick ever!
ya.gif
Day 18 is December 9 and they're supposed to hatch just in time for my sweet sixteen! I was so worried I was going to mess up since it's my first time but, even with just the one hatching, I'm so happy!

Well, it ain't entirely fair for me to place all the blame on you, for my havin' to spend the money/time in settin' up for incubating. There are others on here, like Sally (who may very well be made almost entirely of sunshine), and some very selective breeders of guinea fowl, that had already caused me to wanna do what you're doin' right now ~'-)

Don't mean to rain on such a sweet 'n happy girl's plans, but you gotta remember that chickens are fragile and temporary by design ... it's a struggle for me to keep armored by my logic, when they keep peckin' their way through it, but you've gotta remember to guard your heart a bit.

And, between now 'n then, and continuously after they've hatched? Keep on doin' your research, 'n learn what you might need to know before diseases or illnesses present themselves, rather than puttin' it off 'til the hour of need ... gotta love BYC's community, for comin' forth as so many on here do, but the better prepared you become, now? The better these good folks can help you, then.

Hi Little Miss! Way to go!!! Its so AWESOME isnt it??? Your hooked now!!!

What have you been running your humidity at? And your turning by hand? When will day 18 lockdown be for them?

My daughter and her daddy made a coolerbator and WE LOVE IT!! so easy too... she had 100% hatch on her local eggs and thats when huricane Sandy took our electric for a week!! Well with 25+ in the brooder..... the bator is OVERFLOWING AGAIN!! LOL

I cant wait to see you hatch! Best Wishes!!!

Congratulations on your 'picture of the week' and -- still, to this day -- havin' the cutest page on the 'net, ever. <-- period.

Hopefully, Little Miss will visit it, too ...
can only imagine how well she'd grow, in all that sunshine that is your own ~'-)

Trust me when I say I know to guard my heart. Last month I lost a bantam that was very dear to me. She followed me around and would sit and let me hold her. I came home from school to find her dead and my beloved dog with a mysteriously full stomach. I've also lost many chicks to various things many times. Anyway, I'm saying I know I should distance myself a bit, but I like to enjoy them to the absolute fullest until their time comes.
smile.png
I do what I can to help them and keep them healthy and when the time comes, I'm sad but I still got to have a bit of fun while they were here and that makes it all a little better.
tongue.png

Trust me when I say I know to guard my heart. Last month I lost a bantam that was very dear to me. She followed me around and would sit and let me hold her. I came home from school to find her dead and my beloved dog with a mysteriously full stomach. I've also lost many chicks to various things many times. Anyway, I'm saying I know I should distance myself a bit, but I like to enjoy them to the absolute fullest until their time comes.
smile.png
I do what I can to help them and keep them healthy and when the time comes, I'm sad but I still got to have a bit of fun while they were here and that makes it all a little better.
tongue.png

I was just sittin' here, thinkin' of the development of humans, 'cause of you ... the frontal lobe doesn't fully develop w/in us 'til we're older, and girls develop more quickly than boys: The female fully matures into who/what she is at around 26, whereas the few of us males that ever grow up? 35, or so.

And, despite that fact, here you go showin' off greater wisdom w/in your own words, than can be found w/in mine ... and, as often happens when I'm tryin' to teach the next generation? I wind up learning, myself ~'-)

I was just sittin' here, thinkin' of the development of humans, 'cause of you ... the frontal lobe doesn't fully develop w/in us 'til we're older, and girls develop more quickly than boys: The female fully matures into who/what she is at around 26, whereas the few of us males that ever grow up? 35, or so.

And, despite that fact, here you go showin' off greater wisdom w/in your own words, than can be found w/in mine ... and, as often happens when I'm tryin' to teach the next generation? I wind up learning, myself ~'-)
As long as you are learning that means you are still alive
wink.png

Quote: LOL WOW and Thank you!

I must say you have a wonderful way with words! Are you a writer by chance? You put so much into a few paragraphs and such a great heart!!! I cant believe it took so long to find so many wonderful people in one place!! Isnt it just cool, people and so many wise ones to boot!! It must be the chickens aint!!!! <3

I wanted to ask u before about guineas....... is there a quiet breed? LOL

LOL WOW and Thank you!

I must say you have a wonderful way with words! Are you a writer by chance? You put so much into a few paragraphs and such a great heart!!! I cant believe it took so long to find so many wonderful people in one place!! Isnt it just cool, people and so many wise ones to boot!! It must be the chickens aint!!!! <3

No such thing as a quiet Guinea
gig.gif

LOL WOW and Thank you!

No such thing as a quiet Guinea
gig.gif

See what I mean, folks? She brings that warm glow, and produces a rainbow to boot (thank you ~'-)

And, w/ apology to Silkie, but there are indeed two kinds of Guinea Fowl that are very quiet ...

The first is the sleeping Guinea, as w/ the keets pictured above.

The second, so I'm told, tastes absolutely delicious ~'-)​

Back
Top Bottom