I Really Need Some Help Here!

Haunted55

Songster
7 Years
Feb 15, 2012
Central Maine
I wrote and requested help with 11 week old chicken that had blood in one of their poops. Put them on the Purina medicated food but am still waiting for the Corid to be delivered. All are doing well, not a sign of sickness at all. Am still going to treat them when I get the Corid anyways.

Tonight I finished with the ducks in their house, moved on to the chicken house and took care of all of them. In there are the 11 weeks, in their own room, my 13 month olds, own room as well, 20 meat birds, 2 show girls, a silkie, 30[?] asst. 3 week old chicks, and my 3 week old geese, pekins, and mallards. The last have their own pens.

The new chicks are not showing any blood, nor are the ducks and geese, show and silkie or meat birds. I am finding some black stool in the 13 month room, but no more in the 11 week room.

I them moved on to the house, mine, to take care of the broad breasted turkeys and the standard turkeys and bourbon reds. While I was cleaning out the brooder of the broad breasted, I noticed that one of them had an extremely watery and looked like bits of blood clots. No way was this normal, the water was slightly stained with pink and the bits of tissue or clots were red.

These birds are on medicated game bird food and have been from the beginning. Can someone please, please, pleas tell me what is going on and how it might have happened? I have never had a single problem with my birds before this and am scrambling to fix this. It would really help if I knew what to do!!!!!

I love my birds but the turkeys hold a special place in my heart. This is really killing me right now to think they may have cocci as well. How, what, where and why? I am trying so hard to keep them clean and dry as well as get their new homes ready for them.

If someone can help with their best guess right now I will be so grateful.

It is normal to see some red in the poop, particularly with young birds. If they had a bad case of cocci they would appear very sick and indeed some should be dying.

Thank-you. I had a real bad night thinking that I have doomed all of these poor buggers to an early death because of something stupid I had done. I'll keep watch.

Back
Top Bottom