I really ought to go to bed!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickintexas, Mar 23, 2011.

1. chickintexas

chickintexas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    Between checking on the eggs in the incubator, the chicks in the brooder, and the eggs under my broody...it's soooo hard to be able curl up into bed and call it a night. I might as well be a new mother to a human child! [​IMG]

2. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    I know how you feel. My chicks started hatching out a day early and I am afraid I am going to be up and down all night long. The incubator is in my bedroom and I will most likely wake up every time somebody peeps.

3. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    I haven't gotten to start up my incubators this year yet but I remember last summer!! I think I didn't sleep for a few months there! LOL

4. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I might as well be a new mother to a human child!

Hehe! Isen't that the reason were doing it in the first place? When I start cooing over the teeny weeny wittle baby socks while just trying to find some new knickers, I say to myself "Hmmm... What kind of chicken/fish/hamster/dog/horse/peacock/little froggies, should I breed next?" [​IMG]

5. Suechick

Suechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Carlsbad, CA
    yup, count me in too. I just don't know how my chicks/eggs/chickens would survive if I left them alone. [​IMG]
    Sleep is over-rated right?

6. corvidae

corvidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Heh, sleep is clearly a design flaw. Why else would I be up at 3 am checking on my eggs (I have a pip!)?
    [​IMG]

7. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    I set my eggs so that they would hatch on the days I am off from work. I figure that if I don't get much sleep the next couple of days so what!
    I can always catch up with my sleep when I get back to work. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by