I saw my ducks eating a cane toad

you seem to be pretty fixated on balut

"Angry"
1580150959203.gif
1580150959203.gif
DuckyDonna and Jpat

You did ask about it. I'm not sure why you're both mad about it. Humans primarily use ducks as food and entertainment. They eat duck eggs, AKA potential duck babies. They eat the ducks. Sometimes they go find wild ducks and kill them for fun. "Duck hunting" is relatively popular "sport." Balut is just a different take on the same concept of ducks as food animals.

I think ducklings are adorable too. If I saw a lost or endagered duckling, I'd try to save it. I expect to be doing some of that this spring. I'll be going to Tractor Supply Company in a couple of days to get a small brooder I can use as a temporary shelter/home for any duckling "guests" prior to bringing them to a qualified rehabber. I wouldn't seek out balut to eat, but I'd probably try it at least once just for the experience. I do eat chicken eggs (scrambled) and often eat chicken (while the Colonel's is okay, I do prefer General Tso's chicken).

I wouldn't go duck hunting, but I admit that I do kind of support it. Frequently the fiercest advocates for wilderness preservation are hunters. Figure Exxon has killed way more wild ducks than any hunter.

But if you two really want something to get angry about, forget South Asian street food and look at this:
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/envi...d-and-suffocated-at-french-foie-gras-factory/

You did ask about it. I'm not sure why you're both mad about it. Humans primarily use ducks as food and entertainment. They eat duck eggs, AKA potential duck babies. They eat the ducks. Sometimes they go find wild ducks and kill them for fun. "Duck hunting" is relatively popular "sport." Balut is just a different take on the same concept of ducks as food animals.

I think ducklings are adorable too. If I saw a lost or endagered duckling, I'd try to save it. I expect to be doing some of that this spring. I'll be going to Tractor Supply Company in a couple of days to get a small brooder I can use as a temporary shelter/home for any duckling "guests" prior to bringing them to a qualified rehabber. I wouldn't seek out balut to eat, but I'd probably try it at least once just for the experience. I do eat chicken eggs (scrambled) and often eat chicken (while the Colonel's is okay, I do prefer General Tso's chicken).

I wouldn't go duck hunting, but I admit that I do kind of support it. Frequently the fiercest advocates for wilderness preservation are hunters. Figure Exxon has killed way more wild ducks than any hunter.

But if you two really want something to get angry about, forget South Asian street food and look at this:
https://www.onegreenplanet.org/envi...d-and-suffocated-at-french-foie-gras-factory/
I never asked about it! Never crossed my mind!

As far as I know cane toads are poisonous but yeah yesterday I caught my ducks eating a live cane toad like a hoard of zombies. The ducks are still alive and healthy but I was so scared when they are able to tear apart and devour an amphibian known to be poisonous. It is a large cane toad and 1 drake and 3 girls ate poor Kermit until nothing is left. #traumatized.

Usually when it is rainy season, I use to hear mating calls from cane toads but not anymore. Now I know. My ducks obliterated the cane toad population.
I just googled “cane toads” those suckers are huge. You’re sweet little ducks ate one on those?

🙃

Back
Top Bottom