I saw them move!

txhomegrown

Songster
9 Years
Dec 18, 2010
Como, TX
Or I think that is what I saw. Do chicks move around in the shell at day 10? I just candled all 36 eggs at day 10 and am pleased at what I saw. This is my first hatch, so I don't know what I am seeing really. But there were no clear eggs and only one that had that black ring I have heard about. All the rest that I could see through had veins or were dark. And a few looked like something was moving around. I left them all in there and will candle again on day 18. Wish me luck.

Isn't that the coolest thing!!!! The first time I saw it, I was jumping around and smiling!! Congrats!
yippiechickie.gif
:
jumpy.gif
Just wait til the first one hatches. OMG
wee.gif

Last edited:
txhomegrown, congrats!!! we candled 21 pekin eggs last night (day 13) and everything is developing as it should. we too had movement in quite a few and if i'm not mistaken, my wife even finally got excited about the whole "duck thing". a bit of advice though, be prepared with your brooder box, i don't think chickens are near the mess that ducks are. . we hatched 5 about 2 weeks ago and i'm strugglin' trying to keep up with the mess. warmer weather (roggen,colo) should help as i'm taking over the garage with brooder boxes, the wife's gonna have to park outside. like i said i think she's finally getting excited about the whole "duck thing". good luck with you hatch & have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom