I scared my male quail while mating with the female.

KaleDaDuck

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
So i was preparing a sand bath for my beautiful quails when it was amelia's time to take a bath (the female quail) i saw fred (the male quail) mating with her so i just removed fred from her and put her in the sand because i noticed fred was pulling her head feathers fred made some noises and started getting scared from me did i scare him to not mate with amelia for life? Please help.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_162410.jpg
    IMG_20200222_162410.jpg
    839.9 KB · Views: 24
So i was preparing a sand bath for my beautiful quails when it was amelia's time to take a bath (the female quail) i saw fred (the male quail) mating with her so i just removed fred from her and put her in the sand because i noticed fred was pulling her head feathers fred made some noises and started getting scared from me did i scare him to not mate with amelia for life? Please help.
Yeah there’s no way you could scare a male off of mating for life! My males are wayyyyy more likely to peck or jump at me when I’m getting in the way of them mating, even if I’m just trying to clean the waterer or give more feed!

I sometimes do it two when I'm sick of watching him do it for the thousanth time :oops:
It won't stop him.

Back
Top Bottom