I scared NOT to lock the coop door each night....

Quote:
The whole thing is covered in welded chain link and around the bottom{2ft or so} rectangular shaped welded cattle wire to lessen the size of the hole. The top, three quarters of it is plastic roofing, overlapped and gaps secured. The far end is more chain link. My husband has wired the fencing together to prevent gaps. The squirrel and baby bunny came through the back side, through the cattle wire. We have since secured more boards OVER that wired, so it is horizontal boards, welded wire, then verticle boards. The apron on the backside of the fence is secured with "spikes as well as some concrete blocks.

The coop's bottom is wire and there are ventilation holes, several, on the back side. It would break my heart if they were attacked. My husband feels very confident in the run, but I just don't know. LOL!
idunno.gif

If a human can move the concrete blocks, so can a determined raccoon. I, too am concerned about the raccoon getting through the wooden fencing orpulling a chicken through the wire. I don;t know HWY, but chickens always seem to want to sleep right next to the wire
roll.png
I would sugget putting some windows in the coop with 1/2 x 1 or smaller screening. It needs to be attached to the wood at least every two inches; preferably by washers and screws. Every inch is better.

Back
Top Bottom