I set eggs on 4/4/12 - anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spatulagirl, Apr 6, 2012.

1. spatulagirl

spatulagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I set eggs on Wednesday in yet another attempt to try and hatch some out. I have not had good luck.

Looking for some buddies so I can talk out what I am doing and what they are doing. Trying so hard to make this one successful. I have almost 50 Silkie eggs in there!

I recently moved the incubator (still air LG) into my bedroom from the kitchen where the temp was fluctuating to wildly. It has remained steady at 100 degrees in my room and is at 35% humidity.

I also weight all the eggs and will be tracking the weight loss and air cell. I am not winging it this time (this is attempt #4). I will weight and candle everything next Wednesday.

Thirty of the eggs I drove up to PA to get. Seventeen of them were shipped to me.

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    I set eggs last night, but I don't know how much we can compare notes. Mine are 30 Coturnix quail. Candling should be interesting as they are very "decorative" eggs. I also have a forced air Hovabator, vice still air.

I do have Silkie eggs, but they are under Momma Bear right now (along with a turkey egg and a Cayuga egg). [​IMG]

Best of luck with your hatch!

3. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    I set 13 Mixed color Orpington and 14 Marans eggs on the 3rd. They were shipped to me from Florida and Alabama. Here's to some good hatches ! [​IMG]

4. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    7th April 2012 i have set 6 mixed orps

possibly all buffs but can be cukkoo or lavs in the mix

5. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    I candled the 13 Orpington eggs and the 14 Marans eggs, and it looks like they are all developing ! [​IMG]I just hope they all hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by