I should be happy, but I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I think she meant that she was upset that her sister's pregnancy was put on a pedestal and her's was not.
Same goes for my inlaws. My oldest son will be 4 in May. My MIL/FIL have seen him *maybe* 3-4 times his whole life. But before FIL went into the hospital, they'd been down to see SIL/BIL's kid (born 2006) EVERY WEEKEND since she was born. And they would CALL ME during their visit to gush over the baby. How fantastically awesome, right?

Quote:
Boy, is MY age showing! I came from the generation that was "save the earth from overpopulation" and was grateful just to have my 2. That sure doesn't seem to be the case today. All I see are big families. But I worry because the flip side is that all I seem to hear about is the shortage of oil, water, MONEY, disappearing jobs, falling down infrastructure, overcrowded schools. Maybe us 60s kids weren't so far off base after all....

hmm.png

You know... it's a small number. I want to say less than 5% of Americans have more than 4 children. If anyone wants to blame Earth's overpopulation with children on someone, blame the scientists. Our damage control used to be infertile people. Now look at all the IVF and medically started pregnancies turning out thousands of multiples (twins, triplets, quads, quints, sextuplets) a year. Blame that. Not large families.

I understand your situation, Sterling. I had the same kind of things going on with my inlaws when I dared to get pregnant around the time my MIL's youngest daughter was pregnant....In fact, the day that my DH and I visited to tell them the good news, they sat us down separately and explained to us that they did not want us to have kids because they had all the grandchildren they wanted now....

...after I told her that I WAS expected our first, she told me "if we want to see them, we know where you live." Know what?? Their 10 and 9 and they've been in our yard about 4 times since their birth.

My saving grace is that my children are adored by MY parents....they are the only real grandparents my kids know...

Now sure why people are so hateful--but, by golly, they are. Love your boys...pour your life into them and they will draw closer to you and your immediate family....

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
I can't agree more. My parents spoil my kids rotten. They are so happy to have them. Even in the event my parents were upset that we were adding another child (which they wouldn't be), it's not their call. They would suck it up and love that baby like our others. Too bad the inlaws don't have hearts like that.

Quote:
WHOA!!! MY JAW JUST DROPPED!! I thought my inlaws were bad, they can't hold a candle to those comments!!

Shellie, I do feel for you, my in laws are crappy too. Don't have a lot of words of wisdom right now, just know that there are others that are in your same boat and are on your side!!

Shellie-ok, (hugs) when you get stressed about this count your blessings. You have a wonderful family(relatives aside), awesome chickens, and BYC friends who care. I know its hard, but dont let that negativity stay in your heart too much.When it is the right time things will happen for you. You cant really do anything the way your inlaws are or the timing of the babies, but be happy. It will all come together and we will be reading the good news on this board one of these days. And keep trying-what else are you going to do with ALL that snow in the Poconos? Dont they always get a rush on babies a few months after blizzards?
Hang in there-your BYC friends are rooting for ya!!

Quote:
I can't agree more. My parents spoil my kids rotten. They are so happy to have them. Even in the event my parents were upset that we were adding another child (which they wouldn't be), it's not their call. They would suck it up and love that baby like our others. Too bad the inlaws don't have hearts like that.

Amen! 'Cause that is what GOOD parents & grandparents do...fall madly in love with their grandbabies!! I do hope the best for you.

Do I wish my kids were loved equally by both sets of grandparents, you betcha! But it is their loss!

You know there's an old wives tale that says you can't get pregnant while breast feeding. My friend, a nurse, believed it so much and no one could tell her otherwise. She had her second child 10 months after her first.

BUT......there is always a grain of truth to to those old wives tales so if you had your baby in 2006 and want to have another one, you might consider stopping breast feeding - just a thought - sometimes those old wives knew what they were talking about - and well, sometimes, they were just crazy old wives.

My in laws are cruddy too! Hubby just got back from his folks house and hell broke loose with him and he was pretty hurt by their comments about wanting a grandSON! He told them again and again that I was unable to have another child (had tubes tied and Im 43 going 44 and enduring painful scatic nerve day in and day out and fibromyglia) and we are not financially secure to have another one. My DD is a handful and she is a darling and why have more???!!! But anyway, they just dont get it and got MAD at hubby for not having any more grandkids to carry on the family name. FAMILY NAME!!!! Heck if DD have a kid in wedlock, and if a son, then that son would carry on the family name if she chooses to do so. Hubby is still steaming about it and wanted to change his last name to whatever and Katie's under my maiden name. I dont want to go thru the mess of lawyers and court things. UGH!

To me, it doe snot matter if they acknowledge her or not, having no Xmas gifts from them to her, etc. and we would be better people in not letting them rule us on their crude comments!

Quote:
This made me
lol.png
We've been getting hammered with rain actually and most of our snow is melted. But we've got no problems in the 'trying' department. We're worse than rabbits. Although rabbits get pregnant easier.
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom