I should be happy, but I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
Back history here. My SIL and I were pregnant together in 2006 and DH's whole side of the family treated us like dirt for 'stealing the light' from SIL & BIL with their first kid.
Well, we've been ttc #3 for roughly 5 months in this new house. I'm still nursing (weaning, down to once a day) so getting ovulation days is tough.
SIL announced a few days ago that she's 9 weeks pregnant. Though I WANT to be happy for them, I'm not. I'm miserable. Not just that she gets pregnant so easily, but they know we had this planned and now it seems like their doing it on purpose (they specifically said 6 months ago, they wanted no more kids).

Tell me this will get easier as her pregnancy goes bye. I know I don't want to be pregnant now. Not until after she has the baby in August. I'll never hear the end of the inlaws drama...

Quote:
It'll get easier, especially when you start hearing about the swelling, the hemmerhoids, the indigestion, the aches and pains..

And not to be ..well, creepy, but 9 weeks is scary early to announce a pregnancy.
hmm.png

But congrats on your little darling
smile.png
And good on you for nursing a good long while!
-Spooky

I would say 'trying to conceive' but I may be wrong....

Sterling, I have to ask, why do you care what they think? This is a personal decision (and in your case, a personal effort) to have a child, and I surely wouldn't base it on the shallow people around me, who would give you a hard time over the birth of another child. Do what you need to do to make you and your own, immediate family happy, and so what if the inlaws get their knickers in a knot. Sounds as though they'd be the type to hold it against the baby, too - I'd lose them in a heartbeat if I were you.

May sound cold, but people like that are rarely worth it.

We have had this kind of drama in my family too. I don't understand because I would think it would be great for kids to have a cousin the same age! I loved playing with my cousins when I was a kid. There was always somebody to hang out with during family get togethers.

It'll be okay (hugs)

On the other hand, now that you've come out and announced that you do not want to be pregnant now with her again, you know whats going to happen right?

Right?

lol.png
wink.png

Again, who cares what they think?!

You have more issues with your in-laws than just this, so IMHO, they are acting like the children they are bearing. Stand tall, be proud you are who you are, smile and grit your teeth. I think with would be poetic justice if you found out you were pregnant tomorrow.

I've been following your other thread on this topic and what I have to say I hope doesn't make you mad.

I'm sorry that it's taking longer than you'd like to get pregnant, but I think you need to get over being jealous of others' pregnancies. I seriously doubt that your family members planned their pregnancy to steal your spotlight. Focus on your boys and enjoy them instead of being so upset over this. I could understand it more if you had no children and were trying to concieve. Quit being so stressed and upset about other peoples' good news and maybe the good thoughts you have for them will help you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom