I should NOT have to deal with this pre-coffee!

Rolsjo

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Maine
So, I got up, started the coffee, went to take care of chicken chores with the kids, you know, all the usual morning things. I let our dog out off-leash to run wild, like I do every morning since she's a bundle of energy. We fed and watered the chickens, fed the cat, got food and water for the dog and I decided to check out the garden.

While I was in the garden, Misty, the dog, was running her laps between the garage and barn. She stopped in the breezeway between the two and cornered a, guess what? Yup, a skunk. She came tearing out of the barn and I smelled her long before she reached me. She started rolling in the grass and looking at me as if to say, "What is that SMELL? Is that YOU?" Poor thing!

So, I tied her out on the far side of the barn. Put the chickens back in. Looked up a skunk scent home-remedy. (Did I mention my DH is at work today and I don't have the car?) Make said remedy and treat the dog who has since rolled in all the mud she can find. Shower and change clothes. Make kids change clothes. Soak all skunky laundry in OdoBan. Light every candle in the house. Pull out the fans and position them to air out the house. (Did I mention the garage is attached to the house? No? Well, it is.)

Now I need to call a friend who has some traps so DH can pick them up on his way home from work. But first, I'm having my coffee.
caf.gif

I literally laughed out loud at the thought of a DOG blaming a foul smell on their HUMAN. Probably the first time in history!
lol.png

Mine did that on 4th July a couple of years ago. I'd just come home from a lovely bbq with a friend. It was late, I was tired and euphoric. We roll into the parking space in front of the house and two dogs come to meet us. Well, the smell hit before the we opened a door. Good lord, what a reek! My companion gasped out two words... later...bye... and took off at a run. What a bold and useful soul he is.

For the next long time I was doing exactly what you just completed and you do have my sympathies. I'd even have coffee delivered to you if I thought it would help
sad.png

Skunks suck....After two in the morning ...I lay in bed wondering did I secure the chicken coop properly? As I go outside to check my two dogs get out..the german shephard runs off in the tall grass...only to come back blowing off wet substance on my leg as I stand on back deck calling little dog thats doing its business..All of a sudden I smell the big dog!!! Big dog runs in house to my bedroom! One can of tomatoe sauce in house...dog in shower ...spill sauce...dog is licking it up wondering ..I am sure..."Nice of my owner to wake me up after two in morning put me in shower and not only feed me but rub food all over me too!" Oh how I love my pets!!

Maybe one of those coffee makers you can set to make the coffee right before you get up is in order. I hope tomorrow is less hectic.

Back
Top Bottom