I shouldn't have looked...

I have a new broody with 4 chicks (all are eggs that I gave her). She sometimes leaves one or two behind when she wanders around the run. When they call to her, she calls back and they go find her. For this reason I have not let them out to free range with the other adults.

Yeah, same. I decided not to let mine out yesterday or today because I was worried the broodies would try to take the babies out of the run. I have a pretty large run (135 ft x 32 ft) so they have plenty of room to move around without being crowded around the other chickens.

The sun is back out again too.... So far everyone is doing great!

Yes... You guys are bad enablers.... 😂 I didn't buy any but I spent a good portion of the homily during church thinking about the best way to reduce my flock count so I could justify buying them.... 😂

And whoever suggested getting some for the broodies, well.... That's brilliant and evil at the same time! 😂 If I did that, no one would probably notice I even added them. And yes, they did look very young.... I could totally do it.

Arkansas law requires a minimum purchase of 6 chicks. I can't take 6. Anyone here in Arkansas that might want 3? 😉
Why can you only buy 6?

Yes... You guys are bad enablers.... 😂 I didn't buy any but I spent a good portion of the homily during church thinking about the best way to reduce my flock count so I could justify buying them.... 😂

And whoever suggested getting some for the broodies, well.... That's brilliant and evil at the same time! 😂 If I did that, no one would probably notice I even added them. And yes, they did look very young.... I could totally do it.

Arkansas law requires a minimum purchase of 6 chicks. I can't take 6. Anyone here in Arkansas that might want 3? 😉

Sorry got a broody thats due to hatch any second and 12 eggs due in about a week.

What TSC was it tho? My Cousin is wanting chicks, she lives up in west LR.

Bout fed up with this rain and power outages we are getting. My g/f lives in Dumas and I thought I was gonna have to load my boat up to come get her last week. Put eggs in the incubator and had to go make sure I had gas for the generator.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom