I Showered with a Duck.

granny was a bit nutty and part of why we all loved her, she loverd her hens and her ducks too but would NEVER eat anthing, grandpa would kill a duck or a chicken every now and then to eat; they were very poor, granny would first, pray over it, pluck it and cook it but NEVER eat it. She would also make grandpa sleep on the sofa a couple nights. she was nutty and very very country smart knew all kinds of herbal remidies and never went to formal school. I would go spend the summers with her and gramps and taught her the alphebet, how to print and how to read at an elementary level. she paid for my first yr of college and now I have a masters degree 2 bachelors degrees and do all things to assist in mental healing (Im a trauma counselor for the regional burn center of a large university hospital). my granma taught me love, God, and trust and, the love of all animals "great and small". thanks for responding, and instigating me remembering her agian. Happy New Year and God bless us all, "great and small"

Last edited:
I start showering with my ducks and I won't have a husband. He was freaked enough that I gave the one drake that is not doing so well a bath. If a duck needed it, I would probably do it. He would do the same for the dogs, but ducks he just doesn't get. Quote, "They're farm animals." Yeah, and I am no less attached to them than any other animal I have had.

Quote:
ha!!!!!! We wont tell..
wink.png

I remember when Buddy & Squeek were little and being raised indoors...they became so attached to me that they'd just freak out if I left the room and cry and scream...
Finally they got big enough to do something about it.

When I'd go to take a shower, I'd finish and pull the shower curtain aside to reach for a towel and theres the 2 ducks standing there patiently waiting for me to get done and come back...They'd wait there until I dried, wait at the door while I dressed, then walk with me to the living room and back door where their pen was located. As long as they could see me, or hear my voice they were ok...but if I went around the corner, they were going to follow despite whatever measures were used to prevent their escape...

I've never had a dog or a cat that demonstrated that degree of loyality... they never cease to amaze me.

I never considered letting them in the shower, figured I'd step on somebody or the soap would be bad for them, so they got their showers separately and I got mine.

Back
Top Bottom