I skipped the introduction part, so hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Citychickengal, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Citychickengal

Citychickengal Songster

May 23, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    Hi all,
    I’ve been a silent stalker on BYC for a while, and an actual member for a couple weeks. I skipped the introduction part when I joined though, so here is my late intro!

My husband & I live in the Atlanta area, and we first got chickens in May 2017. We started out with a small coop and three pullets. This spring however chicken math hit full force and we now have 10 hens and 1 rooster. :lol:

I love all the different breeds of chickens out there, so we have a flock of all different breeds with the exception of two EEs. We also enjoy naming our chickens, they are all “old lady”/old fashioned names!

Maude - EE
    Gladys - SLW
    Doris - RIR
    Edith - red sex-link
    Henrietta - EE
    Betty - Buff Orphington
    Hazel - dark Brahma
    Adelaide - sapphire gem
    Constance - ameraucana
    Gertrude - BCM
    Humphrey - bantam Cochin

I found out about BYC from internet searches for questions I had, this is such a great community!!

My main pursuit at the moment is taking care of my new (human!!) daughter, so the BYC forums make for great browsing while I’m feeding her! I also have two dogs and a sizeable collection of plants. Husband & I hope to move to a couple of acres in the near-ish future so we can also acquire some goats, and maybe a duck or two, and a pet cow. :D

:frow

961BBFC5-DE9D-49A3-A8B6-3B0D2A10783C.jpeg
    91D6A8C2-6387-4455-A18A-F3D25B8F71F3.jpeg
    A3AC5C6D-BB3A-4007-9913-A52E233B5614.jpeg
    E89C7500-ACC5-489E-8731-52C11B2D81DF.jpeg

2. to BarbsGirls

to BarbsGirls Crowing

May 16, 2018
    Indiana
    Nice looking flock and congrats on your newest human addition!!

3. Polish Hen House

Polish Hen House Songster

Jun 29, 2018
    East Tennessee
    My Coop
    Welcome!! I love the names of your chickens!!

4. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Did you candle today?

Welcome to BYC!
    :yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP

5. staceyj

staceyj Enabler

Jan 1, 2017
    Coastal NC
    My Coop
    :frowHi Welcome to BYC!
    Beautiful flock and yay for you having a new baby! You are a great multitasker apparently, new baby...flock...life...BYC...
    You go gurl!

We talk about everything here and there are lots of new moms, veteran moms and grandmas just itching to give advice on chickens and babies.

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Hello, and welcome to BYC!

7. HeyHo

HeyHo Songster

May 17, 2018
    Massachusetts
    Welcome. I love your chicken names! Particularly Humphrey. Beautiful flock and congrats on your new addition.

8. Mimi’s 13

Mimi’s 13 fuhgettaboutit

Jan 6, 2018
    Centre, AL
    Welcome to BYC. :frow You will love your time spent here, but you already know that!
    I love your mixed flock. We have a lot of the same birds, except for your dark Brahma and your Sapphire Gem, those are the ones I don’t have. I enjoy looking at all the different breeds across my yard.
    I just love Humphrey. I don’t know why but I just can’t seem to take a Bantam Cochin rooster seriously for some reason. He is so stinking cute. I finally got a full size partridge Cochin pullet this past spring and I love her to death. Her name is Cocoa.
    I used to live in Dalton, GA but moved to Centre, AL 10 years ago so I feel like we live really close :highfive:, well comparatively speaking, since this site has people from all over the world. Anyway, once again, :welcome!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    :welcome

10. Citychickengal

Citychickengal Songster

May 23, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    Thank you all! I love the variation in the flock, and I’m quite taken with my human addition as well!! :lau

to BarbsGirls, staceyj and 007Sean like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: