Citychickengal

Songster
May 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Hi all,
I’ve been a silent stalker on BYC for a while, and an actual member for a couple weeks. I skipped the introduction part when I joined though, so here is my late intro!

My husband & I live in the Atlanta area, and we first got chickens in May 2017. We started out with a small coop and three pullets. This spring however chicken math hit full force and we now have 10 hens and 1 rooster. :lol:

I love all the different breeds of chickens out there, so we have a flock of all different breeds with the exception of two EEs. We also enjoy naming our chickens, they are all “old lady”/old fashioned names!

Maude - EE
Gladys - SLW
Doris - RIR
Edith - red sex-link
Henrietta - EE
Betty - Buff Orphington
Hazel - dark Brahma
Adelaide - sapphire gem
Constance - ameraucana
Gertrude - BCM
Humphrey - bantam Cochin

I found out about BYC from internet searches for questions I had, this is such a great community!!

My main pursuit at the moment is taking care of my new (human!!) daughter, so the BYC forums make for great browsing while I’m feeding her! I also have two dogs and a sizeable collection of plants. Husband & I hope to move to a couple of acres in the near-ish future so we can also acquire some goats, and maybe a duck or two, and a pet cow. :D

:frow

961BBFC5-DE9D-49A3-A8B6-3B0D2A10783C.jpeg

91D6A8C2-6387-4455-A18A-F3D25B8F71F3.jpeg

A3AC5C6D-BB3A-4007-9913-A52E233B5614.jpeg

E89C7500-ACC5-489E-8731-52C11B2D81DF.jpeg

Welcome to BYC. :frow You will love your time spent here, but you already know that!
I love your mixed flock. We have a lot of the same birds, except for your dark Brahma and your Sapphire Gem, those are the ones I don’t have. I enjoy looking at all the different breeds across my yard.
I just love Humphrey. I don’t know why but I just can’t seem to take a Bantam Cochin rooster seriously for some reason. He is so stinking cute. I finally got a full size partridge Cochin pullet this past spring and I love her to death. Her name is Cocoa.
I used to live in Dalton, GA but moved to Centre, AL 10 years ago so I feel like we live really close :highfive:, well comparatively speaking, since this site has people from all over the world. Anyway, once again, :welcome!

Nice looking flock and congrats on your newest human addition!!

Welcome!! I love the names of your chickens!!

:frowHi Welcome to BYC!
Beautiful flock and yay for you having a new baby! You are a great multitasker apparently, new baby...flock...life...BYC...
You go gurl!

We talk about everything here and there are lots of new moms, veteran moms and grandmas just itching to give advice on chickens and babies.

Welcome. I love your chicken names! Particularly Humphrey. Beautiful flock and congrats on your new addition.

Thank you all! I love the variation in the flock, and I’m quite taken with my human addition as well!! :lau

Back
Top Bottom