I sold my first dozen eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rungirl, Nov 5, 2010.

1. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
  2. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Congratulations!! Many more to come I'm sure.

3. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Congrats:celebrate

Also I like the ad!

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    How much you get for them? I've sold 2 and a half dozen so far at $ 3.00 a dozen. It gonna take along time to get my investment back. The chickens are very entertaining though. Went back & looked at your add very impressive.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  5. sotelomary

sotelomary Chillin' With My Peeps

Congradulations! Isn't it exciting?! [​IMG]

FYI there are customized egg carton labels that I have ordered from Adozengirls. They were beautiful and add a nice touch to the carton and very reasonable. Just a thought.

Mary

6. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm selling them for $2.50/dozen. Since they're still kind of small, so I didn't want to push it. I'm selling them from my office near Hilliard on the west side of Columbus, which is a suburban area. You just don't see fresh eggs for sale around town here! I figure at that price, they may pay for their own feed. If the demand picks up, then I'll re-evaluate! I was just so excited when the lady came to buy them. I told her all about them, probably more than she wanted to know! She probably thought I was nuts as she was driving away, but I was excited! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by