I spilled 1/2 lb. of BOSS. Too much for 4 chickens in one day?

I would try to save some for a different day. It would be gone before I could even get the broom if I did that.

My wife accidentally left an open, completely FULL, two gallon bucket of BOSS in the henhouse one night about a month ago.

Twelve hens and one rooster PIGGED OUT on the seeds in the fifteen hours before she went back in the henhouse and discovered what happened. (They all had big smiles on their beaks when she entered the henhouse the next day!)

They are still alive and well... and hoping that she'll leave a full bucket of BOSS in there again sometime...

smile.png

Last edited:
My boy did the same, maybe not quite as much,but divided among just 3 chokes, they all got more than their fair share with no I'll effects other than returning to the scene of the crime and giving me dirty looks because three wasnt a repeat of the previos days feeding regimen
roll.png

It's like pigging out at the candy store for a day...(after all, science is now claimig chocolate is GOOD for you! lol) One day of not being nutritionally correct in your eating habits aren't going to do any damage. Just try to maintain a balanced diet, with "treats" allowed occasionally and "pigging out" infrequently!!

They will be happy and safe. They will not get the correct protein content for the day but will be conpletely fine and will not need any grit.
My chickens are envious and wish I would accidentally give them that much BOSS.

Back
Top Bottom