I-Spy Fabric Square Swap----Sign-up Deadline--December 31st

Ok, I'm in. Acre talked me into it. I don't know what fabric I have. The grandchildren are sleeping in the bedroom where I have all my fabric so I will let you know tomorrow. I may sign up more than once if you need people but I will wait and see how many you get.
big_smile.png

Great, I thought not, but I couldn't remember.

Now If I put 35 blocks into a 5 block by 7 block grid, with 2 inch sashing, I should get a finished size of 40X58 not counting binding, so about a twin bed size. (shhh I drew a pictire to be sure).

Add: I do remember that to do a 2inch sashing I need to cut strips 2 1/2 inches for seams

Last edited:
Quote:
No, do not use fabric softener liquid or dryer sheets. The dryer does not have to be high heat.

I just run them through the rinse cycles. PLEASE Don't use fabric softners or dryer sheets. Although I wash everything before it goes to whoever the recipent is, I'm allergic to most of the stuff and break out in a rash which can be a real bugger.

Delia do you want in? This is a great swap for a beginner. There are a bunch of folks on here that will help you along the way.

What about you Kate? Come on..........

Got you in Gin!

Quote:
DANG!! You actually do the math?! I just keep running back and forth to the bed until my strip hangs over the bed as far as I want it, lol.

Well, not exactly math, graph paper and pencil...

I've crocheted 2 afgans for each of the kids, so moving to making them each a quilt now. When the foster kids leave they get to take thier blankets with them.

Oh cool! I've thought about doing that. I had been making quilts/blankets kids for poor areas of the mountains. I make little drawsting backpacks to go with them. I'll see if I can find the pattern for you. It uses 2 fat quarters.

I get tired of all these comercials on tv for helping people in other countries, when we have kids here hungry and going to be cold every night. People in the city have resources, shelters, soup kitchens, etc... but in the mountains there is nothing. Warren County NC is one of the poorest places in the country.98%of the people are unemployed (thank you NAFTA!)

Ok down off my soapbox.

Quote:
hide.gif
Saddina just scared the crap out of me! Its not that hard to cut these out right?
gig.gif
I f not I am in, but will go into town next week to get my fabric. And ya'll promise to help....
wink.png

Quote:
hide.gif
Saddina just scared the crap out of me! Its not that hard to cut these out right?
gig.gif
I f not I am in, but will go into town next week to get my fabric. And ya'll promise to help....
wink.png

No cutting is easy, I was explaining (poorly) that you could take your squares, set them with 2 inch borders and it would fit a twin bed.

Here like this one:

http://www.quilterscache.com/Q/QuickieBabyQuilt.html

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom