I swear my chickens understand when I talk to them...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
I talk to my chickens all the time. And sometimes they "talk" back too.
The other day I watched my beautiful young roo, Miracle, (he was the only chick to hatch from 17 eggs after a freak heatwave), of course it had to be a roo... Anyway, he's perfectly white with a few tiny black feathers ringing his neck and, oops, a stray brown feather on his chest!! I said to him the other day "What's this brown feather? Come here, let me pluck it." Big mistake. He was Not impressed. And I've been spectacularly unable to get anywhere near him since that day.
Then there was the day my son spooked the chicks and they were all hiding in the chicken house. I went and spoke to them, trying to get them to come out. Nothing worked, until I said the magic words "do you want some green stuff?" They knew when I said that a bucket full of juicy greens was coming. They came running all excited "where is it, where is it?". Too cute!
Any idea how I can catch Miracle?

He's to clever for me. He's roosting way up on a thin branch in a tall tree. Any chance he'll forget?

Oh
hmm.png
well now he is just being a punk. Sorry, that was the extent of my Roo-knowledge, not sure what to do about him in the tree. Maybe try to tantalize him with treats, will he come close to you when you are handing out treats?
idunno.gif

Not too close. But DH usually manages to catch him. I'm just scared if I do pluck that feather.....

I hope so! I'm terribly fond of him. Miss the cuddles...
DH has lots of tattoos, maybe that's why they still get along. Birds of a feather...

Back
Top Bottom