ritzzy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Crystal Lake IL
55303_img_6697.jpg

lau.gif
gig.gif

I don't think he knows that the head is supposed to come out first! LOL!!

Does this guy need some help? haha

Last edited:
Poor baby!

I had one recently who kicked at the shell and his foot came right out. Then he scrunched it up and tried again, this time kicking off the end.

HAHA He looks like a walking egg instead of a chick haha. The whole, "foot first" idea seems to be working for him because he is really pushing the end off the shell, and almost has it completely off!

Should I be helping this guy? He's pushing against shell sometimes, but mostly kicking the air (haha) or is he fine and will get himself out?

That is adorable! I would like to see a picture of that chick once it's all the way out.

How long has he/she been like that? Are any other eggs pipped. If they are, I wouldn't open the incubator since I shrink wrapped a couple of chicks by doing that on my first hatch, while trying to help a chick that had pipped too high and couldn't make it out the small hole that he/she had made.

Are you able to stick something through the vent hole (pencil or straw) to sort of poke the shell to make it move. That might help him to get in a better position to get out.

Back
Top Bottom