You can do it!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

It took some of us several attempts to quit for good. Try and
feel good about trying, not bad about failing. It's all normal.

I don't know your religious beliefs but it's ok to pray and ask God
for help with it too. I know a lot of people who quit addictions
with God's help.

For me I chewed the gum for months, quit 10 times, went for
3 years without smoking, started again in 2004, then finally
quit for good(I hope) in 2005. Been smoke free since.

You can do it!!!!

P.S. When I finally quit, my insomnia that I experienced for years went
away. Now I sleep like a baby. Hmmmmm.
wink.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone. This is the most wonderfully supportive site out there!!!

Ummm........
hide.gif
why do I get the feeling people notice my strange, late night posting habits. LOL Unfortunately the insomnia has been my partner longer that the cigarettes.
sad.png

So, when I finished my pack this afternoon I said that's it.

NOW LISTEN HERE,MISSY!
old.gif
..when I was your age!!...naw, just kidding, I'm 19, be 20 in december, and Never once have I drank, and I do not, and will not smoke. but I, as everyone else, am proud of you, though I don't know you, t takes alot of willpower to break the hold that monster has over people,

you just have to say something and MEAN it, you can't "oh, when I finish this pack maybe.." NO NO NO, because then it's "well, maybe I just need one more then I'll quit...but I have two left, I don't want to waste the money..."trust me, I've seen people like this, when I was little, my grandfather smoked pipe, my granma didn't like it, but she couldn't get him to stop, know what I did?, I found out where he hid his pipes, and I liked to blow soap bubbles with them
wink.png
, thats why he quit, if you have kids maybe they should be so bold.

smack.gif
, there is not maybes when it comes to cigarettes, or any other addictive substance, there is ONLY "I WILL"

my typed words don't mean much, but hey it's worth a shot, nest time you think about smoking, go out with your pets, or chickens, if you have any..and hang with them, it'll ease your mind,

when I'm stressed about something, I go out and sit with the baby chicks, or watch the ducks doing their daily thing, it calms me down.​

When I dated my DH he was a smoker and I am not. Out of the blue he quit cold turkey! He was 36 and been smoking for 20 years! I didn't ask him to but he sure went through ALOT of suckers!! Dum Dums...dollar store had a buttload of them for a dollar. They say it takes 30 days to get a habit and 30 days to quit a habit.. I dunno if it is true or not! Speaking of habits, I need to mosey over to the BYC Sparks! (I need THAT new habit!)
Good Luck! Hang in there!
smile.png

YOU CAN DO THIS! I took Chantix and it made it so easy to quit. That is the only thing that helped me, the patches don't do anything to the physical addition. Chantix makes smoking so much not enjoyable that you actually just forget to go smoke and before you know it, it's been like a week and then a month and then heck your a nonsmoker all of a sudden so why count the days since your last smoke? I even had a smoke this last weekend when I was really drunk and I didn't like it at all and in the morning I felt like poop! Good luck!
thumbsup.gif
Don't get discouraged if you fall off the wagon, just pick it up and try again!

Don't beat yourself up over a failed attempt. Start from now and go forward. You can do it. It's a mind thing, set your mind to it and you can do it. I did it, so I know anyone can. Good luck.

Quote:
LOL when you put it that way, it makes it sound like I REALLY should be able to do this!!!
smile.png
It is a 9mm, BTW. LOL

Oh, and Gay Renee, acupuncture is something I have ALWAYS wanted to try!!! However, I am pretty sure there is no one in my rinky dink area who does it. I have heard amazing stories about it, though!!!

Back
Top Bottom