I think I did good. Hardware cloth at .19 a sq ft

Wink

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Texas
I've searched high and low for a good price on hardware cloth. Habitat for humanity, Craigslist, local feed stores, eBay, lowes. Lowes was actually the lowest locally at 4x25 (100 sq ft) ft for $45.95 (1/2", 19 gauge), which, by my math was a little over .46 cents per sq ft. But it's LOWES, so I knew I could find it cheaper elsewhere.

So I knew that what killed you was shipping. Scouring Amazon.com, i found a roll of 36" x 100 ft for $84.71, about .27 cents sq.ft. Shipping was FREE, from CSN stores. Figured it wasn't gonna fly out of the store anytime soon, I'd wait and research a little more.

Meanwhile, I'm also installing laminate floors in my house, so I ended up buying from CSN stores $300 worth of underlayment.....get an email from them saying I've earned 3% credit for my purchase to use for my next purchase....$26 of free!

I mull it over, the lightbulb goes on and I realize that they're selling my roll of hardware cloth! So I apply my credit to the tab, and with FREE shipping, my roll of 36" x 1200" (100 ft), I pay $58.32 total, for 300 sq ft of hc! Hopefully that was a good purchase, because i havent seen it cheaper around here locally!!

Forgot to mention that it is still 19 gauge and 1/2"! Hope someone else may find the original price to be a good deal!!

Forgot to mention (also), if you want to find it at either CSN.com or Amazon.com (it ships from CSN), you can search for it with this number/code: Mat 0.5" Mesh Galvanized Hardware Cloth (308243B)

Last edited:
I've been looking lately too, and CSN had the best price I found. When I'm ready, I'm planning on getting the same roll you did.

I bought a couple of rugs from them, and when I had an issue with one of them going on back-order, I called and got a helpful, intelligent Customer Service Rep who actually gave me his direct line # so I could call him directly if I had any more questions. I was pretty impressed, I didn't expect good phone service from an online company. And the rug that shipped got here a day early! Hopefully your hardware cloth gets here quick too.
smile.png

Quote:
Wow, see, I've been looking on CL since september and only ONCE was anyone selling hardware cloth. And it was over two hours away to get it. What a great find yours was!

Ur an angel for sharing. Just what I need! I'm building a whole new pen . By the time it gets here I should be ready for it. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip on hardware cloth. I just ordered what I think will be enough to use for my coop and run. I'm going to build a coop soon and I've been accumulating materials for construction, (windows,insulation, etc..) at bargain prices. I did buy a few rolls at our local TSC store recently and a 3' x 10' section is just shy of $16.00, so this is a very good find.

Back
Top Bottom