Did hardware cloth go way up in price last year?.

HensInTheForest

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
Expanding our run this fall by 20 ft x 10 ft and prices seem way higher for HW cloth since just last Aug Sept.

Pretty sure I paid $50 for 19 gauge 4 ft x 50 now it’s $108?
25 feet long is $89.:No way I paid that I going to pull out my receipts.

Have people noticed a huge increase?? Better sources for cheaper?

Bought from Home Depot and one batch from Amazon that was so crooked we had to gather it and staple to make it straight. Rolled it out on the driveway to cut it and it curved to the right 30+ degrees before the end. Horrible Looks terrible but keeps the predators and mice out.

Thoughts?

The cheapest place I’ve found it lately by far was to order from home Depot.
Less expensive than buying in the store, and way less than Amazon or my local feed store.
But it’s been about a year since I was looking, to be honest.. you might have to compare current pricing to be certain that you find the best price-

What are you trying to build?

This is what I bought on Amazon when I was building my run this spring. It's cheaper now than it was when I bought it. And it arrived in perfect condition.

Screen Shot 2023-10-04 at 12.23.15 AM.png

Prices on amazon can be kinda random. People return a lot of stuff so you can save a lot buying used on Amazon - usually it's not even opened. Also you can use camelcamelcamel to do price watch on amazon. They will send you an email if there is a sudden price drop on a thing that you are interested in. I have also found hardware cloth at walmart, but i'm not sure if all stores have it.

Back
Top Bottom