I think I found a miracle cure for feather picking

With regard to the increase in price, I have been selling Forco since 2005 and have never raised the price. I recently did an analysis on my margins and found I was making 43 cents on a five pound bucket, I just can't continue to do that, we all need to make a living. I think in the overall scheme of things it's still an excellent value.

The best thing to do is to stock up now. At one ounce for every ten chickens per day the cost per chicken per day is about 3.1 cents at the current price on a 5 pound bucket of $24.95. The new price will be $34.95 so the cost per day per chicken will be about 4.3 cents per chicken per day. I know no one like price increases and I would have been much better off to raise them slowly as my price increased but I didn't. I include shipping and UPS has had substansial increases over the past several years.

I'm not whining, just saying I've got to get smarter about the business side of Forcocolorado.

Jim Rea

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,
I know this may be a bit off topic, but what dose would you recommend for a small house cat and a 25 pound beagle? I just ordered some for the chickens and figure the dog and cat should benefit, too.
Thanks!

Great question! I have a nineteen-year old cat who's been in renal failure for over two years. I'm wondering what dose of Forco might benefit him. Or not.

You all should listen to mavrik. this guy will tell you what you want to hear to sell more of his product. just because one person does it does not make it good for everyone. you all know grit helps a chicken with digestion. this has not helped flo and jim will not pay to replace your loving pets!

Last edited:
Jim, why don't you have FDA approval for avian's for this product? Do you think the FDA would be interested in your approving/pushing this product for avian use without the FDA's approval?

People, you are being spinned by someone that wants to sell their product. They couldn't care a less if it causes health problems in your birds. I'm not totally against the use of supplements, they just have to be formulated for avian's. Avian's have a different digestive systems than other animals and yes it matters. Do you seriously think a horse and a chicken are the same?

I'm a bird lover, I've had avian's for decades. With us exotic bird owners, we are very concerned about our birds health and nutrition.

Bottom line, simply change their nutrition, there should be no need for supplements. Read my former posts for explanations.

Jim, why don't you have FDA approval for avian's for this product? Do you think the FDA would be interested in your approving/pushing this product for avian use without the FDA's approval?

People, you are being spinned by someone that wants to sell their product. They couldn't care a less if it causes health problems in your birds. I'm not totally against the use of supplements, they just have to be formulated for avian. Avian's have a different digestive systems than other animals and yes it matters. Do you seriously think a horse and a chicken are the same?

I'm a bird lover, I've had avian's for decades. With us exotic bird owners, we are very concerned about our birds health and nutrition.

Bottom line, simply change their nutrition, there should be no need for supplements. Read my former posts for explanations.
Then why do people on this forum feed there chickens cat food, yogurt & worm there chickens with wormers that aren't labeled for chicken use? They use ACV its not labeled for chickens. There's so many things people use that's not labeled for chickens it would blow your mind. Read what was said about the product its a prebiotic not a probiotic.

just because chickens are given those items and they eat them does not mean that its good for them, as a grown you do know that right? kids love sugar but is it good for them? people love salt, is that good for them? same with smoking. for some people chickens are a business so why jeopardize that money for the word of someone who only wants to sell the product because it makes them money?

just because chickens are given those items and they eat them does not mean that its good for them, as a grown you do know that right? kids love sugar but is it good for them? people love salt, is that good for them? same with smoking. for some people chickens are a business so why jeopardize that money for the word of someone who only wants to sell the product because it makes them money?
Because I want my flock to quit picking their feathers & the OP said its working for her.My chickens are my business along with any other way I can make money on this dirt I live on. It doesn't look very good when someone comes to buy eggs & your chickens have feathers missing. Plus, I don't like looking at the chickens like that either & if you can tell me how to stop them from doing this please do I'm all ears.

People, you are being spinned by someone that wants to sell their product. They couldn't care a less if it causes health problems in your birds. I'm not totally against the use of supplements, they just have to be formulated for avian's. Avian's have a different digestive systems than other animals and yes it matters. Do you seriously think a horse and a chicken are the same?

Ok you didn't read the whole thread because it says he targeted horses that was how he marketed the product. Since you seem to know it all. I could care less who's product I buy first off. But how do you keep chickens from Pecking each others feathers. I will give you a list of what I've tried Pinless peepers you've seen the picture left on for months even while they free ranged I must be crazy, Rooster Booster pick solution cases of the stuff don't get it in your eyes you'll be sorry, Pine Tar shsshhh what a mess, Blu-kote by the gallon its hard to get off stains everything great for cuts,vicks vabor rub my chickens like to eat it, I can go on, Up their protein you bet I did I live on a farm have 5 gardens they eat veggies everyday, I have 200 quail I feed my birds quail eggs, GBS its 28% protein I feed that to my quail but have fed it to my chickens still do but not all the time. People on BYC told me to much protein will cause gout are something like that. In other words to much protein is not good for the birds. From what I've read from you is you use Peepers & up their protein & thats how you fixs feather picking well it doesn't work here at 7L & I want to figure out how it can be stopped & if I do I will write a book on How To Stop Feather Picking & retire a rich man with all my feathered friends. Yes, you read that right feathered friends. So last thing how do you stop this behaviour ? FYI I have been fighting this for years not just a month are two. Ok I'm all ears.

I don't know how to stop them, mine did it and they stopped just as quick as they started and i didn't change anything. chickens are weird, just when you think you have them figured out they change. just like deer lol

Back
Top Bottom