I think I gave my hen food poisoning :<

Thank you for the update!
I'm glad that Calla is doing well:)
Thank you, but, now she’s back to acting sick again and it’s worse than before.

Her only discernible symptoms are that she hangs out by herself all day, sleeping a lot during the day, and very little food in her crop at night.

All big red flags, but also confusing because she’ll still run for treats, she’ll eat a good amount of that wet mash if I put it out for her and her poops look 100% normal. There are no other signs of trouble as far as I can tell.

I was going to leave my roommate in charge of the flock while I went camping this weekend, but now I’m feeling like I should take her to the vet or start a round of antibiotics.

What do you think?

Thank you, but, now she’s back to acting sick again and it’s worse than before.

Her only discernible symptoms are that she hangs out by herself all day, sleeping a lot during the day, and very little food in her crop at night.

All big red flags, but also confusing because she’ll still run for treats, she’ll eat a good amount of that wet mash if I put it out for her and her poops look 100% normal. There are no other signs of trouble as far as I can tell.

I was going to leave my roommate in charge of the flock while I went camping this weekend, but now I’m feeling like I should take her to the vet or start a round of antibiotics.

What do you think?
If you feel she's starting to decline and vet care is an option, that would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom