I think I have a mite problem please help!!

amberroswell

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 2, 2010
north muskegon
When I woke up this morning I found a young Hen dead, upon examining her, I noticed little brown bugs on her, I looked at a few other birds in the same coop and seen none on them, did the bugs/mites kill her? she has never shown any sign of sickness even look great yesterday. so now that I seen these bugs how do I get rid of them safely? I have never had to deal with this before and do not know what to do or how to do it, someone please help me!!!

Yes they can kill a bird by making them so weak they pass. I would look at the link above & plan to treat asap the entire flock as there is always one bird that has it worse than the other but they do have them just not as bad yet. I can't think of the name of what I use right now.

Hi I also have a mite/lice My roo is very sick I dont know what to do I posted about him but no responses yet I believe he has lice they are whiteish color I have dusted all my flock I seperated him from the rest as he is the only one who is acting weird I also think he is molting Search for treatment for mice/lice there is tons of info to help you. At night is when you can see the mites the best Good luck to you Sorry about your loss
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom