I think I have done a baaad thing.... Update at #17

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Camelot Farms, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

You know those things that seem like a good idea at the time? Well, I had one.

My Serama mama popped out this itsy bitsy egg. In the pic it next to some other Serama eggs. As you can see, its pretty tiny. Not much bigger than my thumbnail.

I dont know what possessed me to pop it in the 'bator, but I did and now the thing has developed and is ready to hatch.

Do you think it will live? Will it survive outside the egg?

I should never have incubated it but now that I have....help!

Anyone ever had a successful micro hatch?

Egads!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    only time will tell but you know you're not supposed to touch them while they are incubating. you're naughty. now let nature take it's course. I've always been interested in what would happen if one tried to hatch a teeny tiny egg.

Guess I'll be learning from you.

[​IMG]

and I do feel bad for what ever is growing in there... it's hard when they are so small and you feel so helpless to help them.

[​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    and can i say.... it's never gonna turn out good when the story starts out, "You know those things that seem like a good idea at the time?"

< shakes head. [​IMG]

4. Camelot Farms

Quote:Thanks! lol

Its a standing joke around here when something goes horribly wrong that this must be one of those 'Mom thought it was a good idea at the time' things...

5. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    [​IMG] for the little chick! I know you feel bad about putting it in the incubator so here are some [​IMG] for you. When is the "hatching" day? I will keep my fingers crossed [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good luck! I'll be watching this to see how it turns out.. [​IMG]

7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Come on Lil'Egg [​IMG]

8. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Sometimes I have to help my Seramas out, especially if they are very short legged. It seems they can have some trouble kicking\\getting out.... . [​IMG]

10. Camelot Farms

Quote:Its little legs wont be much longer than a good size sliver!

When I see a pip, I plan to give it 12 hours then start helping cause there is no way this little thing will make it out. It should pip in the next 24 hours.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by