I think I have gay drakes...or they miss each other

gofasterstripe

Songster
9 Years
Aug 11, 2010
Waterloo, South Carolina
I split my ducks into their groups yesterday. My poor drakes are either gay or they are so close they dont like to be separated. They have walked up and down their sides of the fence all day. Finn the runner drake has has flirty teenagers head bobbing and tail wagging and practically lying on the ground screaming for it and he is more worried about William on the other side of the fence. I sat out there today for 2 hours, all wrapped up warm with my coffee and watched. They are 2 unhappy boys I tell ya, but im sure after a day or 2...or more. Hopefully they will be fine and they will carry on with their daily lives on opposite sides of the fence.

coin001.jpg

coin002.jpg

Fred was the solitary egg that hatched in July. Feeling he needed a friend during this winter (inside), we hatched another egg in October. (Holderreade had no females available). Along came Ginger - soon to be renamed Gene. We put them together in December. Love at first sight...Fred will not let us get near Gene. He throws his body between us (and this was the sweetest duck ever - followed us everywhere). My husband is asking when will they have eggs (having spent a fortune on housing, ponds, and food for next spring). HELLO??? Where can I get about 10 females? BTW we live in New Haven, ct.

There was a pair of male penguins in San Francisco that were inseparable. They went as far as building a nest together and even tried to steal eggs and chicks from other birds. So no, it's not only dolphins.

My poor boys just dont know whats happened to them..they can see each and walk the fence line all day. Each drake has women throwing themselves at them and they just walk on by. They may be stud muffins but definatly are not keeping their part of the bargain here.
lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
Only in San Fransico, I went there once, won't ever do it again LOL.

AL

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
Only in San Fransico, I went there once, won't ever do it again LOL.

AL

I live in the Bay Area and find it to be quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom