I think I lost my first chicken :(

NYRIR

Crowing
13 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
Tonight I went to lock in the birds and I can't find Dottie
hit.gif
She is a gorgeous, adorable MF D'Uccle. I feel bad because I cannot remember if she actually went into the coop last night,or if maybe we accidentally locked her out
hit.gif
Anyway, I am realistic and I know that free ranging I will lose some eventually. If she is gone she would be the first in 1 1/2 years. It just STINKS to not KNOW what happened
sad.png
Anyway, here is an older pic of her, since this pic she had started to grow into a nice looking young hen with lots of spots
sad.png
I wanted to start breeding D'Uccles next spring but I only have one hen left
hit.gif

57454_summer2011_269.jpg

I am soooo bummed
sad.png

I hope so...she has never not gone to roost in her coop before....I'm hoping she wanted to make a nest somewhere and will be back but I am not even sure if she has laid any eggs yet
sad.png

Look under all the bushes. She may be sitting on eggs somewhere. I've had this happen lots of times. If you have a feeder in one spot out in the open, keep an eye on it. Birds that I thought were missing suddenly reappear days later, running to get a quick lunch. then I follow them back to wherever they have been hiding. Good luck! I had one girl go clear around to the other side of the house, under a really itchy evergreen bush. Never would have thought....

Thanks everyone...I'm gonna round up the kids and we're gonna do a good search through the woods...will update later.

Back
Top Bottom