I think I lost my mind.I built a model of my coop to be.pics have fun

Well since, I haven't been able to attract any organizers or judges, and kfchickenlady keeps egging me on, I guess it falls upon my unworthy shoulders to handle this myself. I will be starting a new thread "First annual Model coop contest," shortly. I am still kicking ideas around re: rules (if any) etc. etc. There will be prizes and they will be sent to winners, and the winners will be announced. I bring this up because I have come across complaints about other contests not following thru. If I handle the whole shebang there will be no buck passing. I will do my level best to see everything is carried out and if there are any complaints, I will just hide under a chair.

So far I have 4 prizes: a chicken themed waist caddy with pockets: a 2011 Rooster calendar yes, I know it's nearly March but, hey it was on clearance ; $ 5.00 gift card for Walmart; and chicken theme notecards (2 designs- 6 of each) plus envelopes. I am toying with the idea of allowing the winner to pick his/her)prize from this list . Then doing the same for 2nd. and 3rd. place winners.

I would like this contest to be short n' sweet so a novice(me) doesn't get overwhelmed first time trying. Entries will need to be submitted by March 1st. 2011 and contest will end March 15,2011.

Comments, suggestions are welcomed.

Re: Model coop contest - please READ post 44, my disclaimer of any actual experience with chickens, coops, building, organizing, judging, computering etc. Plus I don't really know any of you - so everyone has the same chance of winning.

Duh okay got the great disclaimer post no. wrong - it should have read Post 35. ARE YOU PEOPLE SURE YOU WANT ME AS JUDGE/ORGANIZER???

Great idea -- and I really enjoyed the models already on this thread. Incredible architectural skills on display!
wink.png

DD,youre awesome!!!

now for a question: they have to be submitted by March 1, and contest ends March 15? please explain and thank you for doing this! and whoever has the metal collection, I cant wait to see pics of THAT!
ya.gif

KFchickenlady sure throw questions at me already - can't you see I don't know what I am doing, I need guidence. I thought if all the entries are submitted by March 1 (you know they post on the Contest topic) with their photos and some explanation of the coops features. Then I have two weeks time to review them all and make decisions on the winners. You are right instead of saying contest ends - I should say "winners will be announced March 15." See I need to bounce ideas and get feed back.

I just want to do good ma.

A little side story here:before Xmas 2009 I won a drawing at a toy store and got to pick any prize on their clearance counter. I picked a really neat wooden barn with a top that lifted off so you could fool around with animals inside. It came with some icky barnyard critters that were way off in size in respect to one another. So I dumped them and bought some chickens, hens with chicks, roosters etc, and played with them for awhile. Then because I was an oldie and the family was ready to have men come in white coats with nets to get me. I packed it up and turned it in for "toys for tots." Boy, I really loved that setup. Oh well..... . By the way it was on the clearance counter because kids want electronic toys not things that require imagination. That's their loss.

Back
Top Bottom