I think I lost my mind.I built a model of my coop to be.pics have fun

TheJuan-n-Only

Songster
9 Years
Sep 10, 2010
Tampa
Ok, so I think I lost my mind. I joined BYC about 5 months ago thinking that by this spring I would be able to have a house and with that I would make a nice chicken coop and walking run for 5 or 6 birds. Well the house wont happen for a while so I we will be renting one for a little while. With that the Coop and walk in run plans changed to a tractor. After searching here I found BYC member MAllen's page ( https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=39717-how-to-build-a-brood-pen ). The rental home is very frustrating since we have 2 big dogs and I want/need a big backyard. So the building of the tractor keeps getting pushed back. In order not to loose my mind I decided to build a tractor model! (I needed to build something!! lol) Think of the frame as 2x4's and it will be aprox 4'Wx8'Lx4'H

My Fiance thinks I lost my mind!!! lol (Have I!!!?)

I'm making some changes to the original plans. I'm adding outside nest boxes and a roof on the entire thing since I live in FLA :eek:)...hardwire on the bottom since I wont be able to dig in, will be adding sand to the entire thing for easy clean up, no roost on the model but I wil have a roost 2' off the ground....did I miss anything? (you may want to look at the original since my "model" is a mess! lol). Would 3 birds be "comfy" in there?

Lets starts this madness:

DSCF4253.jpg

DSCF4257.jpg

Walls up, door opens lol

DSCF4259.jpg

view from top

DSCF4261.jpg

oops forgot nest boxes

ok boxes done

DSCF4262.jpg

Roof on:

DSCF4263.jpg

the back....nest boxes open! lol

DSCF4265.jpg

Did I mentioned I've never built anything, not even a model before...then again I'm sure you can tell by now!!! Hope you had fun with my madness!!

That is great!!
lol.png

Why didn't I think of building a model? Now that I think of it I could cut out pieces that are the size of a sheet of plywood (but miniature of course) to start
lau.gif

It looks good to me, especially if you are only having 3 chickens in there. Are they going to free range?

I couldn't get cardiology. Couldnt recall which valve went where?

DH bought me a set of clay. I made 14 hearts. Real ones, with the valves in the right places and the vessels going their special ways.

Now I adore my patient's heart sounds, I can really tell what's going on every time I take a listen, and it is an act of love and fascination.

One day I heard a funky beat. I asked her, "do you want to tell me about your rythmn? Nice beat, easy to dance to, but...."

She said "Nobody's ever noticed it but you. I was born with my heart missing the right ventricle, and it's in there backwards. I was a blue baby. I'm a miracle." She is 23.

I bet your model will lead you to your miracle. "To be, Do." was a bumper sticker I saw once, and it stuck with me.

Back
Top Bottom