I think I lost my mind.I built a model of my coop to be.pics have fun

Quote:
Ask the forum people to sticky it so it stays at the top. Include the fact that it is a contest ending on March 1 in the title of the thread.

Okay people you asked for it - MODEL COOP CONTEST has just been announced on it's own thread under "Coop & run, etc." topic. Keep posting so this thread doesn't get buried under newer topics.

Oh yes, actually the contest is aimed at adults - I see no reason why children can't enter if they won't be devastated by losing. Age or lack of it will not influence judging - although youngsters have greater knowledge of what CUTE is.

Quote:
I love it
it looks very much like mine. I live in California so it's an open type to give enough protection but allow for the heat.
I have my egg box on the same side as the door. Means I dont' have to walk around the coop all the time.
Love that you built a model.
we want to see the finished product!
Here are pics of mine being built
Coop Pics

Last edited:
Mediazeal = wow gorgeous and big. What a beautiful setting for chickens and people. Your collie doesn't seem that impressed tho. Is he thinking " %#% more chickens.?"

I dunno whaat y-all is smokin'
cool.png
but if the guvment figirz it out, they'll make it ill eagle. Ull haf to hide somwerz, and i kno a real good palce. i alwaz hide in da koop, ahind them bailz. Itz dark an warm an pluntee to eat an tharz gurlz to talk too too!
tongue.png

"Make her hell for stout, "pretty" always takes care of herself" ... Charlie Settlemeyer

thats how I envision my backyard, mediazeal!!! I like your mulch areas, thats what I need to do in the bare and muddy areas, I cant wait to see this coop finished! what part of CA are you in?

and no DD I dont live in the snow zone, TG! But "sunny California" mostly applies up here in the summer and all year in So Cal IMO. Cold and rainy all week, wont stop for good till May, snow on the hills, sun today, but in the 40s and windy. The problem with rain instead of snow is the MUD everywhere, esp with livestock, dogs, etc. Not complaining though, last frost date is sometime next month!!!!
Im starting this project tonite and my teenaged daughter is competing against me!!! She claims hers will be "epic". Poor overconfident thing that she is...
lol.png

I just want to have fun and post pics, I hope a lot more peeps get involved.
happy building everyone!!!

Perhaps cardboard model coop builders are genetically disposed towards wanting Happy Meals..... When I was surviving my chemo treatments, I would get one on the way to each weekly session, and if I didn't like the toy, I'd give it to one of the RNs with kids. Otherwise, I kept 'em. But the smaller meals were perfect and I would substitute a milk shake for the drink, to sip during the infusion. (I always had the few chicken nuggets and small fries eaten before I pulled into the Treatment Center parking lot.)

Since then, I will frequently get myself a Happy Meal. Because they make me happy. There are plenty of folks around with kids that love the toys, but if it's a GOOD toy, I will most likely keep it! She said, in her most adult tone of type.

Quote:
I love it
it looks very much like mine. I live in California so it's an open type to give enough protection but allow for the heat.
I have my egg box on the same side as the door. Means I dont' have to walk around the coop all the time.
Love that you built a model.
we want to see the finished product!
Here are pics of mine being built
Coop Pics

Wow awesome coop!!!! Def the same concept, but mine is going to be a baby next to yours! lol I hope to get to build the real thing soon and def will be sharing.

Back
Top Bottom