I think I may have just gone over the edge

Ok I was wrong on how many eggs it will hold it only holds 2520 eggs not the 2700 do a search for Jamesway Model 252.

I can't pick up the unit until next weekend but will post pictures then.

Last edited:
So. Have you gone over to the Chickenstocks, Trades, Swaps etc. thread to sign up for 200 of the 16000 laying hens they're offering through a rescue agency? You can apply online....and if you had 200 layers, you should be able to come up with 650 eggs a week. Then, you could hatch 650 each week, and if you sold them for $2 (really CHEAP at that price!) you would have an extra $1300 a week less feed expenses....which would be an extra $4000 or so a month, or an extra $96000 a year. So...did you try, "Honey? Could you spend at least PART of an extra $4000 a month? I have this terrific plan!!!!"

LOL

I say, GO for it!

To start, you could hatch other peoples' eggs on a 50/50 share -- they get 50 %, you get 50% of their hatch. That way you would build up your birds a little at a time....or, you could just sign up for the free ones!

geez, I still dont know what you'd do with 2thousandwhatsthenumber chicks?
tongue.png

farmin'chick :

So. Have you gone over to the Chickenstocks, Trades, Swaps etc. thread to sign up for 200 of the 16000 laying hens they're offering through a rescue agency? You can apply online....and if you had 200 layers, you should be able to come up with 650 eggs a week. Then, you could hatch 650 each week, and if you sold them for $2 (really CHEAP at that price!) you would have an extra $1300 a week less feed expenses....which would be an extra $4000 or so a month, or an extra $96000 a year. So...did you try, "Honey? Could you spend at least PART of an extra $4000 a month? I have this terrific plan!!!!"

LOL

I say, GO for it!

To start, you could hatch other peoples' eggs on a 50/50 share -- they get 50 %, you get 50% of their hatch. That way you would build up your birds a little at a time....or, you could just sign up for the free ones!

Man now you have my wheels turning
he.gif

I hope we haven't been pulling your leg too hard, Thumbless.

$50.00 isn't all that bad. If you're handy at all, you can probably get it fixed and working okay. If it's not working, there is a thread here about a contest where people made their own incubators. I think one woman bought an old wine refrigerator and made one out of that. I'm sure you made a decent purchase and can make something good out of it.

But thank you for the post that tickled our funny bones! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom