I think I may have just gone over the edge

I bought a NEW pickup once, then drove it to pick up my wife for lunch.

She said, "your NOT thinking about buying a NEW pickup are you?

ANSWER: "No."

"Then WHY are you driving this?"

"Because I already bought it."

"You didn't ask me about it!"

ANSWER: "I also didn't ask YOU to pay for it, did I?"

Not much conversation during lunch..................

Ha-Ha! Got a new wife later anyway.

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

When I decided I wanted to 'go into chickens' I came up with a 'scenario' I planned to use to get DH's ok. I was going to say "Which would you rather I got, chickens or a burro"? I never used that though, I just began talking about getting chickens and he never said anything. He looked a little perplexed for a couple of days and I wondered if he thought we'd discussed it before and he just didn't remember.

Hey, it's only $50. Well, plus gas and food for the drive. I'm driving that far to pick up chickens in a couple of weeks and they cost a lot more than $50. I'd told DH I wanted a Hovabator Genesis with turner for Christmas. Then these chickens presented themselves on my horizon and I said I wanted them instead.

You could say you are going to pick up your Christmas present! : )

Quote:
Quote:
27 HUNDRED eggs? That's not an incubator. That's a prefabbed addition to your house!

You could tell her it's her own private spa room. Climate-controlled, humidity-balanced. The eggs are only there to test its ability to hold a consistent environment over time.
b82ab44ba0b4aa76f2db6049ae8e109d.gif

My husband told me he wanted a REALLY nice pool table, and I said 'When we have a giant basement to put it in, you can".

I told my husband I wanted a "pony"... and he said 'When we have a nice giant yard to put it in".... dang.

It's all about give and take... knowing when to ask permission and when to just go with "sorry". $50 incubator? That's a "Sorry"... 2700 hatching eggs to go in it? You prolly want to ask about that! Not talking about that detail... what'll she do without asking?? LOL

My husband has learned that failure to communicate is a two-way street, and I'm totally capable of outdoing him. We discuss everything now, because neither of us wants to start a "war" again. hahaha

That would have to be some Giant yard! I would love to see the brooder & hen house to keep them all. Please post pictures when you can!

lol

Back
Top Bottom