I think I ruined one of my christmas gifts from hubby

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Other than the kindle, which I know I'm getting. The kindle doesn't count because it's very much wanted and it's not my fault the UPS man handed the box to me when it arrived. We're even anyhow because I forgot to clear my history before DH used my computer, so he has a good idea what he's getting, but back on track...

We were watching TV last night and DH starts commenting on a Snugglie commercial (or whatever you call those silly warm body wrap things). He made the comment that I should have one since I'm always cold. I said how I thought it would be useless, as well as looking totally ridiculous, since I don't sit still for two minutes. I'm always up and down, up and down. The direction the conversation took leads me to believe that there may be one waiting for me on Christmas morning.

I hope DH doesn't go to any trouble trying to return it. Honestly any gift from him is very much appreciated. He works very hard and I know gift shopping isn't easy for him. I'm trying to figure out what hints to drop to let him know that I would now like to have a snugglie.

Well, look at it this way...it's not like it's a sleeping bag; you CAN move around in one, even if you are up & down a lot! Maybe you could tell him that as an encouragement to wear it (and sit still), he'll have to watch more chick-flicks with you (or whatever type of movies you like).

Drape a blanket over yourself and "struggle" with it. Let it fall down off your top half, or complain about cold air coming in when you lift it up to use your hands. Trip over it when you stand up (shouldn't be a problem for you, lol).

Mention that maybe a snuggie wouldn't be a bad idea after all.

My brother bought myself, my cousin and himself matching zebra striped ones as a joke. We were joking about how silly they are, but let me tell you that everyone in my house uses mine now, my brother and my cousin both have theirs in their living rooms and use them when they read on the couch. I think it could be the perfect accompaniment to your kindle, dorky as it is.

BTW - my gift us a kindle as well. DH had me order it with my other Amazon purchases, goof. Now he's torturing me by not letting me play with it. Shhhhh - I did peek, but just for a second! Okay, I admit that I may have turned it on, too...

You do know they make snuggies for dogs as well, right? You and Kane could have matching snuggies.
smile.png

Next time the commercial comes on....

You know, now that I think about it, one of those might be useful after all. I can see how it would be nice when I am....(insert your own time of choice here, appropriate to your own life / activities).

Quote:
IF I get one I'll make like I'm pleased as punch. Dear God, please just don't let it be the zebra print.
fl.gif

Quote:
IF I get one I'll make like I'm pleased as punch. Dear God, please just don't let it be the zebra print.
fl.gif

ROFL I ended up with either the leopard or the jaguar print. It's strange enough I'm not sure which it is. My son ended up with solid green. Hubby thought they'd be good gifts last year. The cats love them.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom